Your Favorite Elk Cartridge and Why?

300wm with 200 gr accubond 2900 fps 1/4 moa @100 when i figure out how to post pictures i will post it

image.jpeg

That kind of accuracy is a beautiful thing. Is your rifle a custom, or customized?
I used to shoot a .300 Jarrett- 200 gr accubonds at 3028 fps. It, or I, was not as accurate as your group, but that was an elk killing machine. I would say it was the hardest hitting elk rifle I've ever shot.

Customized, started out as a Super Grade and evolved over a period of time.
Thank you, it is a Model 70 action, accurized, with 26" Hart #4 contour barrel, on a B&C Medalist stock, original trigger adjusted to 2 1/2 lbs really nothing real exotic, I think those and the hand loads contributed to most of it.

It is a hunting rifle shooting hunting bullies, so I know ITS accurate the rest is up to me LOL.

Elk killing machine is better IMO.

I was worried about it being a frangible bullet,so I shot this elk leg bone with it at 100 or 200 dont recall exact.But the bone went threw osb backer and left softball sized hole.It blew joint apart I put back for picture can see crack

Attachments

• targets 002.jpg
    targets 002.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 101
I use and prefer my Rem 700 Sendero 2 SF in 300 RUM for deer and elk. I loves 180 grain E-Tips in front of US869 powder. Being of the disabled vet type I enjoy the reach it has and nothing has walked away from a hit out to 773 yards. Hopefully I hit the moose tag lottery this year.

elk #72 just fell for us this season about 2 1/2 hrs ago. We have used 7mm's, 30 cal's, and 338's. With several different bullets. big cased .338 with a 300 Berger for me please if we are hunting elk. Next would be the 300 win. with a 215 Berger. This many dead elk don't lie.

Jeff

elk #72 just fell for us this season about 2 1/2 hrs ago. We have used 7mm's, 30 cal's, and 338's. With several different bullets. big cased .338 with a 300 Berger for me please if we are hunting elk. Next would be the 300 win. with a 215 Berger. This many dead elk don't lie.

Jeff

Where can you hunt elk in Feb?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.