Wyoming outfitter, landowner, DIY tag battle!

Seems to be happening in almost all western states. Alaska has and will continue to do this. They do it with mandatory guide requirements for sheep and goats. I've hunted both….a lot. They claim it's for safety but we all know it's for $$ that the guide association Pushes. They regulate the snot out of it which makes this beyond reach for most guys. Manage the resources, don't regulate the **** out of it. I've always thought to myself….at some point, given the trend, it'll become so expensive or impossible to hunt away from home, someday a lot of people may just say I'm going anyways. Greed and short sighted narcissistic ideology is what we are seeing with these non res restrictions. It'll come back to bite us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. I'm just saying that people will hunt, they just take some risks. People still hunted in the Kings forest, they just took more risk
That's the perfect scenario for banning 2A without banning them. Go hunt without licenses, get caught, bye bye 2A rights.

I moved to Colorado in 92, and for the next 19 years straight, I drew antelope tag every year, same area in WY. For the last 10 years, no luck on the draw, and end up occasionally with left over tag, usually in an area with little BLM property. I will apply again for this year, but have already heard available loper tags are reduced for this year again. I love hunting WY, but being a nonres and from CO, chances of drawing there are slim. And, something needs to be done about all of the landlocked BLM property there.

Better be a hunt of a lifetime if that's the angle because poaching a "trophy" animal carries about 10 years of loss of hunting and fishing privileges.

Better be a hunt of a lifetime if that's the angle because poaching a "trophy" animal carries about 10 years of loss of hunting and fishing privileges.
Yeah no thank you. I can't imagine not being able to hunt or fish.

Nope. I'm just saying that people will hunt, they just take some risks. People still hunted in the Kings forest, they just took more risk

Big difference between hunting for sport and hunting for sustenance....soon with what's going on in society and financial worlds....gonna have to get meat somewhere....cattle ranches becoming 'vegan fields'...
dollar won't get a working person very far...
That is closer to being than not....

Recent Posts