WT doe tenderloin, it's what's for dinner ...

Very nice @FEENIX :)

I've had some venison leg cuts that were more tender that larger animal fillets I've sampled but when I think of fillet I tend to think of making a really nice wellington.

Mushroom duxelle, pate, pastry with some nice mash tatters & steamed veg.

Dont get me wrong, as a chef I love simple ways of eating my game to.
I quite often just do a simple roasted garlic herb marinade & throw it on the bbq on high heat cooked to rare & then let it rest, ends up being medium rare which is how I like it.

There is no doubt having a lot in the freezer give you something to play & experiment with.

I have been making some slow cooked bbq pulled meat recently for rolls & wraps with slaw etc & its another very nice way of using this amazing meat ;).

Thanks for sharing.

I'm not huge on getting kicked when I stick a fork in my dinner. But that looks cooked good enough to me . I'm a firm believer in fire kissing good meat . The only meat I am sure to almost over cook is turkey and bear . Of wild game anyhow. Bear meat especially don't want worms

Agreed! Bear (poultry, pork, etc) meat is bad juju when not cooked properly.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.