Wolves gone wild.

Tyler---What do you mean when you say you can't shoot a spike buck on your combo license? Is that a special restriction where you hunt because a combo license normally allows you to take one that has any 3" antler and the second one has to have at least 4 points on one side.

Tyler---What do you mean when you say you can't shoot a spike buck on your combo license? Is that a special restriction where you hunt because a combo license normally allows you to take one that has any 3" antler and the second one has to have at least 4 points on one side.

Special restriction where I hunt. It is either the entire U.P. of MI, or just the zone I am in.... I believe it is the entire U.P.

the regular deer tag states "valid only for deer with antlers (3 inches or longer) in firearms season. Or antlerless or any size antlered deer in archery season except for the upper peninsula and special DMUs"

Arizona's thoughts on dealing with the Mexican Grey Wolf
Mexican Wolf Conservation and Management

Excerpt;

The Game and Fish Commission recognizes that it is both unfortunate and ironic that successful Mexican wolf conservation may hinge on removing it from the Congressional act intended to help restore it. While the Endangered Species Act has proven beneficial to a number of species, most notably the bald eagle, in the case of the wolf, it has created an impasse that could lead to the demise of a species in the wild through an ineffective conservation program.

We are not looking forward to them coming into Washington State from Canada and Idaho. Legislation needs to be changed from the Feds to State control. This is the best option that I have heard of other than a bullet.

Wow. I've been away from here awhile, but the last couple times I've checked in the attitude here has taken a noticeable downward spiral; and not just in this thread. Even on contentious subjects I would hope we could show a little more maturity and respect towards each other, guys.

Well, it's going to start hitting the states in the pocketbook soon. Montana could not sell out their NR tags for elk last year...the unreasonable price increase didn't help. I expect next year will be worse, my group has accounted for 2-3 tags each of the last 4 years and we have decided not to go back this year. Unless we hear better reports from our local friends, we may permanently switch our DIY hunts to other states. We really enjoyed out time there and those hunts, so it's pretty depressing for us.

ATH... COLORADO SUCKS don't come here, the elk all left and went to MT to defend thier buds against wolf attacks! haha

ATH... COLORADO SUCKS don't come here, the elk all left and went to MT to defend thier buds against wolf attacks! haha

Ha ha, I've been doing my research and building points for 3 years now bud. ;)

Have to get in on the action before you have wolves too. I've already seen the before/after scenario firsthand in my first Montana area....not pretty.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.