Wolves gone wild.

i wonder if their is a way we can get a count of how many were submitted by members of lrh.

Got a call from another rancher south of augusta. He started calving this week and wants my presence on his ranch. I'll probably shoot more coyotes an anything else the way it sounds. It will be the first time i've used the 7 wsm on anything other than paper.i'm excited.

fill yuor truck up with ammo and keep shooting ..you should have a hell of a good time.

Top Gun
Real simple fish and wild life pay thier people and keep their departments running with tax dollars from lic and tag sales. IF they want to keep introducing wolves like they have in Idaho to where there is no elk left to hunt we should boycott every state for one year and then see who they listen to, wolf lovers or sportsman.
:D

You better go back to the drawing board because the Feds are the ones that are crippling State's rights to do what should be done to solve the problem because of the ESA. You do know what the ESA is, don't you? It doesn't sound like it from your ridiculous idea!!! You obviously know nothing about this issue when you suggest that crippling a State F&G Department will get us anywhere! None of the States wanted wolves introduced, but it was a done deal that they had to live with and now at least they are able to make an attempt at controlling them after they were delisted in Idaho and Montana, as well as the Great Lakes States, and soon in Wyoming. The individual States are now getting to control the problem, but they still have to meet the requirements of the Federal Act so that numbers don't go below the set minimums or the Feds will take full control again!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the states scream loud enough then the feds will listen, you cripple from the bottom up, they feds rely on that money also

Topgun....3006
If the states worked harder this mess would not have happend. This forumn is for any of us who want to post and be polite.
Its not a bad caliber though, I like my 270 better:)

Once again you have made a ridiculous statement. Wyoming fought the Feds through the Courts for years attempting to get control of wolves in that state and MAY have finally won the battle, so it's absurd that you now say that if the States scream loud enough the Feds will listen, LOL! Sure you can have an opinion, but your lucky I didn't call you more that what I did with that goofy idea you came up with, LOL! Your idea and now your thoughts about the states being able to dictate to the Federal Government are so far off base it's laughable. Sure, it would be great if the individual states could do what they want on this and maybe everything else that happens within their individual borders, but that's not the way it works. You might want to take a Government class sometime and you'll find out you don't know what you're talking about.

Well I am trying to shake off your insults. I think I understand government just fine. Actually I have taken several of those classes obtaining my 5 degrees, the latest being a PhD in education. Ive served in the military, been to war, and have a broad experienc in life and education. Thanks for the advice though.
States can stand up to the government, some are doing it with the Obama fleecing called healthcare. The states stood by and let the wolves be introduced when they could have fought back, now the states and the hunters are feeling the loss. Now that the wolf is here it will be much harder to undo what has been done. The states could be working harder but most are taking it on the chin with the wolf issue.

btw I still like my 270 better:D

That's great, but now it's even harder to figure out how a person with a friggin Doctorate in education could be so naive, LOL! Maybe it's time you get out of the classroom and into the real world with your five degrees and see how things really work! Incidentally, I did 3 years during Viet Nam, but WTH does our service time have to do with this?

Thank you for your service.
I am not in the classroom, I do get out and hunt mostly in the west and all over the world. I see how Canada deals with its wolves, the states have untapped power, we must make them use it.:D

Well I am trying to shake off your insults. I think I understand government just fine. Actually I have taken several of those classes obtaining my 5 degrees, the latest being a PhD in education. Ive served in the military, been to war, and have a broad experienc in life and education. Thanks for the advice though.
States can stand up to the government, some are doing it with the Obama fleecing called healthcare. The states stood by and let the wolves be introduced when they could have fought back, now the states and the hunters are feeling the loss. Now that the wolf is here it will be much harder to undo what has been done. The states could be working harder but most are taking it on the chin with the wolf issue.

btw I still like my 270 better:D

Dalebow,

Did you get a chance to read through this thread from the start looking at the links as you go?

This link to some 'extra' footage from the excellent 'Crying Wolf' movie ( Crying Wolf - we should all go and buy a copy) might shed a little light on the issue you are currently discussing. Jim Beers discusses this issue, in part:

[ame=http://vimeo.com/28939194]Crying Wolf - Jim Beers: The Demise of Conservation on Vimeo[/ame]

It can be viewed here: http://cryingwolfmovie.com/bonus-content/ at lower resolution, but much faster to watch if you don't have a super fast internet connection to run HD from Vimeo.

The battlefield over the wolf is a target rich environment. Federal, State, County, Departments, Organizations (including our own), Individuals, and Tribes that are considered sovereign nations. It doesn't matter to me if you bring your 270 or a 30-06 to the fight, engage targets as you see them. I'm pretty sure we're surrounded , and any direction away from camp you wish to fire is fine by me.

For anyone to come on here and say the states are to blame and they are introducing more wolves like Dalebow stated about Idaho and they can tell the Feds what to do flat out doesn't know much about this wolf debacle and is more than naive. In fact, they probably shouldn't say anything when they are that incorrect on statements they are making.

Come on guys, keep it on subject and don't resort to name calling and personal insults and attacks. This is a very touchy subject with a lot of people but we can also keep it civil and related to the original subject.

Let's use our energy and time directed towards the problem and the people causing the problems, not at each other. :)

I did not read the whole thread and am only commenting on the OP. We have the same problem at my cabin in the U.P. Specifically Watersmeet, MI. The walls of the cabin are covered with pictures of full buck polls and prize winning bucks from years past, but in recent years we are lucky to get 3 on the pole for the whole cabin (10 people).... That is just sad. This year between everybody we saw 8 spikes (can't shoot em with the combo tag, which we all get, and I wouldn't shoot one anyway) and a SMALL 5 point. There were 2 coyotes (first time any of them have shot coyotes) and one deer on the pole this year. I know wolves were spotted a couple of times by my cousin in the recent years, I didn't even ask this year, and there were some fresh-looking bear tracks at one of our spots... Beautiful

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.