Wolf scoreboard.

Anybody have a link to statistics from the game check stations or fish and game regarding weight, length, age, sex, etc. for the wolves being taken this season? Be nice to see a geographic distribution, too.

Thanks and good hunting.
The Montana FWP website has a map with the quota and the harvest numbers from each wolf zone, but it doesn't list size, sex, etc, just the number taken. I'd put in a call to FWP. They'd give ya the info, and might now how to check online.

Idaho at 175 + 29 by trappers = 204. Beaverhead closed by date with a quota of 10, 1 kill, 9 left on quota. Island park closed by date. Quota 30, 10 killed, 20 left on quota. Montana 120. Quotas filled in units 101,130,390 and subunits 313,316. Snowpack light in a some areas. Idaho fish and game reporting not enough snow to begin winter count of elk. I was looking forward to seeing that. Mixed blessing I suppose, access vs concentration. Region 1 Wildlife Manager says 121, south of unit 2 has 8 left, and is a good-accessible unit. Know nothing of it myself thought I'd pass it on, and interested folks maybe call and find out what good, and accessible mean. Thanks to all that have overcome the obstacles involved just getting in the game.

Last edited:
Montanaoutdoor.com A hunter with a 119# wolf tied to the front of his jeep stopped in Missoulaand some of the people were upset by that. I might have to buy that boy a beer.

I sure would like to see that 230 pound wolf!! Seems like the wolf experts on another forum say that there is no wolf weighing over 80 pounds.

The picture of the guy holding the wolf up has been deemed "photoshopped". Look at the guys gloves, they seem to be huge.

I would be very skeptical of a report of a 230 lb wolf. That is just too far outside the statistical range to be believable without independent verification.

Wolf pack in Weippe, Idaho last November.....

Attachments

• Wolves.jpg
    Wolves.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 129
Suppressor is easy to pack but won't kill much stuff!

You'll want to take the rest of the rig!:)

My answer is as long as you have your Form 1 on ya you can hunt what ever ya want, especially woofs .... and... usually get away with it.

You'll save a little money on tags too.:rolleyes:

For me, I'm thinkin' of 30 shot clips for the 556.:)

Guys, got this this morning from BGF--Please help out...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Take Action Today
Folks,

Big Action Alert today. We need your help to return wolves to state management in yet another state. Here is what is happening. US Fish and Wildlife Service's public comment period for Wyoming's wolf-delisting closes in two days, January 13, 2012.

Anti-sportsmen from all over America have been working hard to post comments in an attempt to derail the return of wolves to state management. They are working hard to outnumber comments from the good people of Wyoming.

Let's even the score.

Here is where it gets interesting. Reportedly, less than 2,000 comments have been made so far. This is because automatic comments are not permitted by Fish and Wildlife's system.

Approximately 20,000 Big Game Forever supporters can turn the tide. This one will take 5 minutes to go through the sign-in process for US Fish and Wildlife's system. It is worth your time to help the good people of Wyoming.

See the message below on how to make a comment. Once you are in the system, you can keep your comments very short. Simply indicate you support the right of Wyoming and all states to manage wolves and other wildlife.

Your comment can make a huge difference. Please take 5 minutes today to protect the future of wildlife in America. We are winning one state at a time.

There is currently two ways in which you may submit comments:
1) - A hard copy can be submitted by U.S. mail to:
Public Comments Processing
Attn: FWS-R6-ES-2011-0039
Division of Policy & Directives Management
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 North Fairfax Drive
MS 2042-PDM
Arlington, VA 22203
2) - Via email
To submit comments via email, in your search engine enter the following: http://www.regulations.gov/#!home [Click on the link to the left.] Once the link opens, look for the box which asks for a Keyword or ID. Enter FWS-R6-ES-2011-0039, then click the search button.
The next screen look for the heading "Document Type" and place a check in the box before Proposed Rule (1).
You should see below a section which should now read: 1 result for "FWS-R6-ES-2011-0039".
Within the orange box titled "View by Relevance", you should see to the right Submit a Comment.
Click on Submit a Comment and complete the form.

There are three Sections; 1. Enter Information, 2. Type Comment, and 3. Upload File(s).

Any information you enter in Section 1 will be available for all to read so use caution in how much information you provide. You may only want to provide a first name and your state. You may want to mention your affiliation with SFW or Big Game Forever. I would discourage you from providing your email address, phone number, etc as anyone with internet access will be able to view whatever you submit.

Your comments do not need to be lengthy but should clearly state you support the USFWS proposal to remove wolves from the list of Endangered and Threatened Species.

Once you have completed your comments click on the orange submit button and you should receive confirmation that your comments have been submitted.

Thanks again for your support and participation in this effort,

Ryan Benson
Big Game Forever - Protecting Big Game Abundance for Future Generations
[email protected]

Idaho reports in 187, and 49 by trap. Montana 136. In Wallace reports of a wolf pack killing a Rottweiler won't help improve the wolves image, with folks actually living in the recovery zone. If you consider your large breed dog safe, you might gather more info.

That wolf pack of 25 wolves was not in ID. You guys believe everything that passed around on the internet?

Wolf Pack Train - Wildlife Art Journal Blog#

And I hope several of the lucky guys that scored these 200 pounders are calling Guiness Book of World Records, because you are about 25 pounds heavier than the heaviest wolf ever recorded with a belly full of meat.

And these guys are in AK, and they handle a lot of wolves. Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - How big How bad Alaska wolf size depends on prey-

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.