Winter is around the corner…

Saw this today. Apparently there is an explanation…🤣

1698171397030.png

We hardly ever get snow that sticks, but when it does, watch out! No-one here is equipped to deal with it. Five years ago I had to take a sleeping bag and my Kubota side by side four miles to get my wife who had made it to a Wal-Mart parking lot. She wasn't going another inch further. Wrapped up in the sleeping bag for the trip home. Went back for the car two days later.

We hardly ever get snow that sticks, but when it does, watch out! No-one here is equipped to deal with it. Five years ago I had to take a sleeping bag and my Kubota side by side four miles to get my wife who had made it to a Wal-Mart parking lot. She wasn't going another inch further. Wrapped up in the sleeping bag for the trip home. Went back for the car two days later.
Yeah that checks out. Snow down south and extreme heat in the north messes with "the order of things". I recall in 2021(I think) the disastrous blizzard and sub freezing temperatures that killed people in Texas and the Pacific Northwest heatwave that killed even more people in British Columbia - breaking all Canadian weather records by a lot, there were many meteorologists that had said it was impossible for anywhere north of that 49th parallel to exceed 50c or 120 Fahrenheit. They were wrong. Absolutely deadly that was.

Hottest I've ever seen where I live personally is 38-40 c, around 100-105 F. Coldest is -54 c or -65 F. These do not include windchill or humidity, just the actual raw temperature. Not a huge fan of either extreme haha but honestly cope with extreme cold much better than heat. In the heat I feel like I'm gonna die! 🤣

Yeah that checks out. Snow down south and extreme heat in the north messes with "the order of things". I recall in 2021(I think) the disastrous blizzard and sub freezing temperatures that killed people in Texas and the Pacific Northwest heatwave that killed even more people in British Columbia - breaking all Canadian weather records by a lot, there were many meteorologists that had said it was impossible for anywhere north of that 49th parallel to exceed 50c or 120 Fahrenheit. They were wrong. Absolutely deadly that was.

Hottest I've ever seen where I live personally is 38-40 c, around 100-105 F. Coldest is -54 c or -65 F. These do not include windchill or humidity, just the actual raw temperature. Not a huge fan of either extreme haha but honestly cope with extreme cold much better than heat. In the heat I feel like I'm gonna die! 🤣
I agree 100%. Spent Thanksgiving in Fairbanks when my brother was going to college there. I t was 59 below zero F. I was in death valley California during August and saw 130 F. I can dress for -59 F, but can't get enough off for the hot weather.

I agree 100%. Spent Thanksgiving in Fairbanks when my brother was going to college there. I t was 59 below zero F. I was in death valley California during August and saw 130 F. I can dress for -59 F, but can't get enough off for the hot weather.
Holy 💩. Whatever about -59, that don't scare me! 🤣

But 130????????? Surely nowhere is more appropriately named than "Death Valley". I would surely die!!!!!

Lacrosse boots has been making their 12" Tungsten/ Carbide Stud Fleece in a 4-buckle boot for years. Skidding logs out of the woods in Winter, a guy's not going loose traction with 68 carbide studs under him. If the snows not deep, they even make a 2-buckle for like a Mailman or in town after an ice storm, duty. They are a little rough on the Terrazzo floor of the Kwik Trip when ya grab a coffee, tho so best to stay on the mats.

Last edited: