F### Around and Find Out

I met a wealthy guy in a bear camp that was driving a Cadillac pick-up truck with all the snappy options. He did not want to travel back & forth in the outfitters bus to the stand. He asked if anyone would travel with him, so I volunteered.

We traveled on remote roads, through heavy timber on the way back to the lodge. One evening, a large bull moose was walking up the middle of the road. The guy wanted to get passed the slow walking moose but the moose wouldn't move over. I warned the guy a few times about getting too close and harassing the moose. The moose eventually started to walk along one side of the road and the guy nails the truck in an attempt to get passed but the moose charged in front of the truck, putting us into a shallow ditch.

Once again, the moose walked in the center of the road with us trailing. Apparently, the moose got tired of us and turned around to face the Cadillac and charged. That bad boy smashed straight on into the truck! He was so big that his nose was pressed into the windshield as his chest smashed out the entire grill. I would have gotten it all on camera but, at the driver's request, I tossed my backpack into the bed of the truck when I initially got in.

I didn't get a bear on that trip but it was one of my most memorable hunts. LOL

Recent Posts