Who is from Wisconsin!

I was just at Gander here in Madison. 2300 CCI 400 small rifle primers sitting in the cabinet. I bought 400(it's all the wife would let me get)2300 left. Let me know if this is something you guys need. Tons of powder too.

I spoke with Redding technical support and the were super helpful. They recommended that I go with their 'Deluxe' die set. Their reasoning is that I shoot .223 and .308 in both bolt and gas operated rifles. They assured me that I can reload ammo that is superior to any premium or match ammo on the market.

I pulled the trigger today and bought everything I need - except powder, primers and bullets. In addition to Redding dies, I purchased their powder scale, trickle and micrometer trimming lathe. I went with Lyman case care/prep hand tools and lubricants. All this gear is coming from Mid-South. I purchased the Frankford Arsenal tumbler kit (unbelievable low sale price), loading blocks, digital powder scale and cartridge cases. This gear and a Lee Auto Primer was purchased from Midway.

Looks like I'll be able to buy some powder, primers and bullets and not break my budget of $700.00. I saved a ton of money, because of Midway's sale prices for Frankford Arsenal products and going with Deluxe Redding dies rather than Match. This allowed me to plow the saved bucks into higher quality reloading equipment and helpful accessories. In case anyone is wondering, I also invested in reloading manuals. Heck, I even bought the Hornady reloading DVD.

I guess I'll move to the reloading thread. See you there...

Cheddar, I missed this thread for the last couple of days. Got laid off yesterday and now I"m sick, even running a fever. yuck
Glad to hear you have a club to shoot at.

That sucks...How long are you laid off for? Is work drying up in Milw. also?
I went and took the pistol range curse so now I can go there any time I want. I am actualy tempted to trade my Mossy 835 deer/turkey combo for a 20 ga. semi auto for trap and skeet. I don't hunt so the 835 isn't needed.

I will be headed up to Holmen probably Friday nite for a match on Saturday. I'll wave when I go past Madison ;-)
Work is very slow about non existent really. The only ones to hire were at the power plant this year or a few shorter jobs at schools like mine. A few things coming up this fall but there are 152 guys ahead of me on the books.
It looks like I will be doing a lot of coyote hunting this fall/winter ;-))) Glad I got some new snowshoes last year.

I'm in Green Bay, Shoot clay targets 3-4 times a week. Prairie dogs get invaded 3 times a season, that's all I can afford.

I have hunted almost all the east and north parts of Wisconsin. I particularly like the Flag River area north of Iron River.

Got a 12 pointer near Dunbar some years ago. Most of our deer now come from land I have in Manitowoc county. This year I might take a couple days North of 64 again, If I find a place to crash.

How 'bout them Packers?

HM

welcome to lrh halfmile! I pass by green bay on my way north every now and then. I've heard a few people say they've caught some huge muskies in the bay...

Currently hanging my hat in Walworth county. My "home" shooting range is McMiller shooting center in Eagle. I have to mention, what an excellent forum, well done Len!:D

I'm also new to the site. I live in Racine and I am just getting started with some long range shooting. Glad to see a site where people are welcoming, haven't seen any "gun snobs" around!!!

I'm new to the forum also, I live in Delafield and also shoot out of McMiller in Eagle. I am a member at Milford Hills Hunt Club (They manage McMiller for the State) and this year they started giving out 300yd McMiller memberships with our Hunt club memberships.

New to the site also. Have been deployed to Afghanistan for the last 11+ months and will be leaving here in 19 days, 18 hours & 3 minutes. (not that I'm counting :) ) Originally from Marshfield and live near Iron River (Bayfield County) now. Have a cabin near Cayuga (south of Mellen) and land that borders the Chequamegon National Forest and that's where I hunt. Am an Air Force Reservist and have 7 weeks off before I go back on active duty at my home station (Langley AFB, VA) for another 1-year tour. Then I have the last half of September off as I got my bear kill permit this year.

Over here it's either exciting or boring as all hell so I had lots of time to research guns/optics on my downtime over the last 11 months. I'm at a very remote FOB and we go outside the wire for missions about every other day so on the days we don't go out there's not much to do other than go to the gym or look at guns on the web. Since I'm single and don't have to answer to anyone about buying gun stuff :D , I was able to save and get some stuff I've always wanted.

I've always liked the Weatherby rifles I own and like the concept Roy Weatherby had with his cartridge designs. So, I bought 3 Weatherby Vanguards; a .240 (S2), .257. & .300 Weatherby Mags and also a Savage 111 LRH in .338 Lapua while I was over here and am anxious to get home and reload for and break them all in. Also ordered the dies, brass, & bullets so will be ready to go when I get back. Ordered a Millet TRS 4X16x50 & also a SWFA SS 16X42 Tactical Scope and just have to decide which scopes will go on which rifles. Am leaning towards putting the Millet on the .338 Lapua as that's what I'll take to Idaho elk hunting in the fall of 2013. Am thinking the variable power scope will be better for hunting. The last many years I've used a Weatherby in .338 Win Mag with the 5.5X22X56 Nightforce scope off my Statearms Rebel .50 BMG but it's a PITA to change scopes all the time. Now I can just leave the NF on the .50.

Got two Timney triggers for the .257 & .300 Vanguards based on the info from this site so I'll install those once I get home. Great info here in regards to stuff like that so am glad I found this online board. Have always wanted to get into some competition shooting but living so far north there isn't much for that up there. Anyone have any suggestions of where I could shoot the .50 BMG or .338 Lapua in matches later this summer? I have a 225 yard range at the cabin if anyone wants to come by sometime to shoot any of the guns. I'll be there most of the time from 7 July-18 August or so. Also have a Ruger Ranch Rifle in 6.8 SPC & a Colt AR-15 A2 that's fun to shoot. Am working with Larry at Eastridge Guns who built my .50 BMG and he's going to build me a .416 Barrett upper assembly to go with the .50 so hopefully we'll have that completed yet this summer. He does amazing work & he's located near Waupaca if anyone is interested in anything like that. East Ridge Gun Company

As you can tell, no mission today so sorry I rambled so much. Am just anxious to finally get out of this place and get home to the real life I've missed greatly.

Everyone have a great and safe Summer.

Dean

Go Wisconsin! We now have concealed carry, and Conservatives are winning the local battles.

Teacher union lost about 40 per cent of their members, no that it isn''t mandatory any more. I am a trade union guy with 40 years in the IBEW, and the public sector unions make me sick.

The Republican party was born in Ripon, FYI.

New situation with management of the deer herd, how that plays out remains to be seen.

Bass tournament in Green Bay drew a large turnout, local news was full of it.

They are talking about swimming at Bay Beach again.

And we have the Zippin Pippin, Elvis' favorite roller coaster.

You can even buy peanut butter and banana sandwiches there.

Can't catch any perch, though. Need help.

HM