A good gunsmith in Wisconsin

Phildo62

Hi guys

I am new to LRH, I am starting to get into long range hunting and competition. the two builds will be a Howa in the .243 win flavor and a rem 700 7mm rem mag. i am looking for a gunsmith in wi that i can have blueprint, trigger work, and fit and finish stuff. I am from the southern part of wisco but i am not afraid to go any where in the state or just outside the state. I really looking for a good smith not just any Joe blow to do the work . Thanks for your help gun)

Jim See is a sponsor on here. He goes by coyboy. Check out his website ~ centershotrifles.com he built a few guns for me and friends. Great work and they shoot! His shop is in the center of the state.

i have a good friend in madison , he smithed at rusk gun shop for years . does a lot of work yet for me and friends (hes retired ) he was building a long range gun when i took my rem 700 for a muzzle break , lightbulbif your interested get back and ill give you his #

Rodeo

I sure miss Rusk. They had everything you wanted. I've got a gun i want a break put on. If he's interested in doing it let me know or give me his number.

howdy gary ;
he was at rusk for a long time , you mite recognize him when you see him ?
he told me his break would drop my recoil closer to 60%...
im telling you , i was amazed !!! send me an email and ill send you his cell #

[email protected]

put gun smith in ...

Last edited:
Trying to revive this thread in need of a top notch smith in Wisconsin to blueprint a sako a7. I am from the oconomowoc area not sure if that is all that relevant other than closer to me is better. That being said willing to explore my options so long as the smith is known to be very good. First hand experience with smith is preferable is anyone can point me in the right direction here. Thank you.

Jim Kobe over by the twin cities just did a rifle for me, and its a shootin' sonnova gun for sure, he's very well known in the bench rest game from what I understand

Jim See is a sponsor on here. He goes by coyboy. Check out his website ~ centershotrifles.com he built a few guns for me and friends. Great work and they shoot! His shop is in the center of the state.

His site says IA which may not be bad drive for some.

Hi guys

I am new to LRH, I am starting to get into long range hunting and competition. the two builds will be a Howa in the .243 win flavor and a rem 700 7mm rem mag. i am looking for a gunsmith in wi that i can have blueprint, trigger work, and fit and finish stuff. I am from the southern part of wisco but i am not afraid to go any where in the state or just outside the state. I really looking for a good smith not just any Joe blow to do the work . Thanks for your help gun)
If you are looking for supurb gunsmiths in Wisconsin, especially if you live in the Southern part of the state you cannot beat America's Gunsmiths in Kenosha. It is a large well equipped shop with several gunsmiths that can do anything and everything building from the trigger guard on up at very reasonable prices. I have had them do several jobs from trigger work, choke tubes into barrels that previously did not have any, reblueing a barrel and the latest install a custom muzzle break on my 300 WM. The workmanship and quality puts most other gunsmiths to shame.
Their ability to do everything in house means a shorter turn around time. https://www.americasgunsmithshop.com/