Who is from Wisconsin!

Greetings fellow Wisconsinites,

I'm off the grid in the NW part of the state about 30 miles north of Menomonie. I've lurked around this site over the years and finally made the commitment!:D
I spend most of my hunting time nowadays up north above highway 77. Used to do a lot of winter fox and coyote hunting west of here. The masses from the Twin Cities infiltrated and put an end to that. Absolutely loved that sport.

Greetings from the north. Im not quite from wisco but spend a majority of my year in the upper peninsula of Michigan, Marquette mostly. Welcome

I live east of Eden and Fond du Lac. I've been hunting by Eden for several years but I've hunted Douglas, Forest, Dodge, Trempalow, and a few other counties. Finding a good hunting spot is hard. I like to use contenders and other firearms.

I'm from Green Bay, hunted and killed all the local species except porchmonkey.

The best brats are at the food booth at the Fair Grounds in Plymouth during the Dairyland Classic short track motorcycle race. Usually in Mid-June.

Beer there is pretty good too.

HM

Near the Necedah national wildlife refuge. Hunt where ever. Used to hunt west of BRF. Was a great area but things change and so does farm ownership. So back to the flat land.

I live in Oshkosh and for the past two years have been deer hunting just north of Waupaca. I use a handgun to get around the shotgun county issue. Shot a deer at 501 yards in a shotgun county last year!

You know where I'm from but my ex is from Madison (she's back there btw) so I won't be visiting anytime soon.:D

I'm from Green Bay, hunted and killed all the local species except porchmonkey.

The best brats are at the food booth at the Fair Grounds in Plymouth during the Dairyland Classic short track motorcycle race. Usually in Mid-June.

Beer there is pretty good too.

HM

Do you race? A coworker builds flattrack frames and is always prototyping stuff.

This thread started nearly 6 years ago.

We had 11,000 members then. Now we have 74,000.

And -- now we have a physical store in Wisconsin. gun)

Oshkosh store

Always call first before you come from very far away in case we are out in the field. 920-376-2010 (Andy)

My son Andy thinks it's pretty neat that we can be excused from certain things to get outdoors!

Do you race? A coworker builds flattrack frames and is always prototyping stuff.
In the wayback times, aka the Fonzie days. Quit Class C when they got down to 5 events in district 16 because of the outlaw biker from hell movies. I just douldn't affort to go to south central Illinois to race.

Rode scrambles and Badger stuff after that.

HM

Hunt mostly Columbia Co. and Marquette Co.. They just don't show up during daylight hours until rut. And I still don't have one over 145. I had a 187 12pt. 50yds with the bow and I don't shoot over 25 with that bow. Could of shot a 162 11pt 3 different times, 5 min. before hunting hours, 100 yds on the neighbors and 20 yds on neighbors. My cousin wanted on for the wall the first time hunting. a 167 double rack on the left side was 100 yds from me walking towards my cousin, he cousin never saw him he was about 200 yards from him in a open field. I finish off too many 130 class bucks the neighbors shot. One of these days it will happen for me. I also have a range I can shoot 450 yards. Just like most people on here I'm starting long range shooting. I just would like more time to practice.

Rock county here. I prefer to hunt "up north" where you actually feel like you are in the wilderness. But I see more and bigger deer on the farm land down here.

Just got back from a muley hunt near Ten Sleep WY. Never got the big one so I brained a big doe for the meat.

Already planning next year. I'm thinking antelope near Newcastle on the way out then deer west of buffalo. May try for a cow elk tag too.