which caliber ?

If you want an absolute shooter and no wait, I have a 22-250 AI semi custom with trued Rem action, Lilja 1:7 stainless barrel and B&C stock. It is one of the most accurate guns I have owned. I am just reducing numbers and it can go. I have brass and dies as well as load data for it I will share with buyer. If any interest let me know by PM.

LR----
every caliber is going to have some drift. a 155 shell is going to drift a little bit over 1000 yards. Trying to eliminate drift by going bigger, faster and heavier--- is good to a point---- and I guess where that point is- is a matter of
convenience--- that is how much effort do you want to put into harder to find and use calibers. I never bought the 338 Lapua because its such a powder hog and the cases are so expensive. Performance it NOT lacking on it though. I think where that line falls is different for everyone. I think the 6.5 is perfect for a first gun to Strech out distance and learn some new stuff. I can all ways upgrade to a new chambering later using the Solace and pre-chambered barrels.
The solace looks like a very easy system. Not a budget breaker either - as that kind of thing goes. Maybe more than a new savage - but not much more. And a good platform to build on.

over-rated ? depends on who is rating it and what your expectations are for it. A modern version of the 243 maybe. an somewhat better alternative to 308.... yes.
for targets and smaller game - pretty good. not a 300 winmag. but its not supposed to be. :) Great for its "weight class.....? " -- yes.....
Have you looked at other rifles that may give you more options for roughly the same money? I have nothing (good, bad, or indifferent ) to say about the solace, but you may be able to do a different setup for a little more money with better flexibility. Custom long action where you can change bolt faces or new bolt. Pre-fit barrels ( I know you can with solace) with a lighter profile for hunting, trigger, and stock and assemble it yourself

You mentioned aero precision are you thinking the solus action? I was at my gunsmith last week and asked about them and he said it's a no go on them . Due to the receiver shape they are a pain in the but to bed the action. And there are a few other things wrong with them . He is on a wait and see if they fix the issues before he will use one.

have not heard much neg. about them. (solace) I think they have interchangeable bolt faces. supposed to fit in an rem 700 stock. Was bedding his only complaint ? Thats not much to complain about if that was all there was.... its just wood---- :)
The other action that has the pivoting bolt handle looks pretty good to. Little more expensive ---- cant remember its name.

Sealsniper----
I used to have a rem 788 in 22-250. Uber-accurate too.
I sold it because I had no where to shoot it back then.
Great gun for varmint only---- blows em up reeeal gooood
like a water balloon bursting from a pin *****. But I dont have use for that caliber now I dont think.......
a mean little screamer-----

have not heard much neg. about them. (solace) I think they have interchangeable bolt faces. supposed to fit in an rem 700 stock. Was bedding his only complaint ? Thats not much to complain about if that was all there was.... its just wood---- :)
The other action that has the pivoting bolt handle looks pretty good to. Little more expensive ---- cant remember its name.

Sealsniper----
like a water balloon bursting from a pin *****. But I dont have use for that caliber now I dont think.......
I'll ask when I'm back in for the two guns I dropped off in a few weeks and see if he will tell me all about the thing.

Sealsniper----
I just scanned their site and didn't see anywhere they offer bolt faces, if you were able to do a long action and be able to swap bolt faces you could shoot most anything out of that action. When I scanned their site I did notice that they only offer the 6.5 in a 1:8 twist you may have a difficult time getting heaviest to perform out of that barrel. Look at what the bullet manufacturers recommend for twist. I think Berger offers a calculator.

Learn to Hunt and GET a lil' Closer with,.. the 6.5 Neeed,..a little, Moor.
Millions of "Hunters",.. LIKE, it's accuracy and,.. LOW Recoil

I am just getting started with 6mm arc. Did a full aero upper build, ballistic advantage barrel out of my 20in barrel 75g v-max are supersonic out to around 800yds. With 103g eldx and 107g smk it stretches out to around 1200yds supersonic. It has been a great rifle shooting almost as softly as 223. and I achieved a 0.85 moa group with the v-max the other day while finishing load development. I am getting ready to start out with SMK and have high hopes. The only down side so far has been brass availability, but starline is making brass and it has been getting better.

OK--- I gotta be the stupid new guy and ask--- what the H is "manbun" ????? Is it something like a manpurse ? :)

I looked at several recrivers- and I may be confusing the quick change bolt face with one of the others. It may have been the one with the pivoting bolt handle.

I was going to get a bare receiver--- so I can get any twist that I can find in 6.5. The hornady Techs said on their video that 1:8 should do any 6.5 mm bullet including the very heaviest.

Wow--- got the Arken ep-5 5-25x56 today in the mail. Holy smoke-- this thing is a work of art !
it should work great on the 6.5 later on. I may try it on the 223 BRN 180 for now---- or on the savage HB 10 in 308.
Its prob. the best scope I will ever own ! Looks GREAT.

OK--- I gotta be the stupid new guy and ask--- what the H is "manbun" ????? Is it something like a manpurse ? :)
When you see someone use the term "man bun" in reference to a metallic cartridge, it is a symptom that they may suffer from Creedmoor Derangemt Syndrome.

CDS is a debilitating disease that prevents the sufferer from objectively discussing ballistics.

Mike---- I agree--- I think there are any number of old and new cartridges as good as the creed. Just that these days
brass for some of them is harder to find now that the brass MFG's are balls to the wall just producing a few of the most popular cases. Midway does not even have 243, 270 win
or 6.5 prc at the moment. Might as well get something thats available and has plentiful brass. not 2$ a round brass if I can help it. it couild eventually be the bigger brother to 5.56 in some ways. A 3 bears cartridge. Not too big- not too small. Like 30-30 was 40 years ago. (and still is prob.)
Jack of many trades- master of none. The "masters" are out on the tails of the distribution of coarse---for the more committed brethren. :) Pretty sure if I had a manbun---
the doctor wouldda mentioned it----
I dont think I have a dog in the fight----