Which archery forums do you frequent?

texasbowhunter.com, lots of good stuff

Ditto!

TexasBowhunter.com is a great website for both fellowship and information on bowhunting- particularly in Texas. There are a lot of folks on TBH that are from all over the world (quite a few fellas from S. Africa) and they hunt everywhere. Plus, they're really gun-friendly. A lot of archery sites get all 'in a bunch' when you talk about guns or even hunting (i.e. ArcheryTalk) and TBH is a lot more free-wheeling. Of course, it has it's clique-ish moments like any long-running website where people have known one another for years, but it's better than most.

If you're an avid bowhunter, there isn't a better forum community to be a part of. Besides, if you like to bowhunt there are few states that offer as much year-round opportunity as Texas and there's still a lot of affordable bowhunting to be had in Texas. I can't imagine why any bowhunter wouldn't get a lot out of TexasBowhunter.com

Another really great forum is the Lone Star Bowhunters Association forum. The LSBA is like the NRA and Texas Trophy Hunters Association for bowhunters- they monitor the state for issue that effect bowhunting and work with lawmakers and the bowhunting community to ensure our sport remains intact and keeps growing. Their work is absolutely imperative to the continuation of our sport. Their forums have a lot of great memebers with a wealth of knowledge and information that you wil not find on other forums. There is, however, a lot of cross-over between them and the Texasbowhunter.com community. So, if you're only interested in joining ONE community, I'd go with TBH first!

I hope this helps. I'm new to this forum but I'm an avid bowhunter and I work (part time) for one of Texas largest (13,000 acres) bowhunting only ranches and I hunt about 150 days a year. So, I hope that I can contribute to this section of LRH while I'm a newbie (really a retread) to LR hunting.

Nick Anderson

3Dshoots.com VERY friendly and Knowledgeable folks over there

ArcheryTalk.com Again same as above but a little more criticism

Elitearchery.com Nice folks Im not on as much as I should be considering I shoot an Elite bow

Since my main passion is archery and bows, I frequent quite a few of the archery forums. So in order here they are:

1. GulfCoast Archery Forum-bow type specific (lever bow), greatest people around, I'm a staff shooter and mod over there too.
2. Monsterbows.com forum-lever bow specific, alot of the same folks as GCA forum
3. 3Dshoots.com-I love 3Dshooting and there are some great people and info there.
4. bowcountry.com-good general archery site with a fair amount of info
5. bowcast.com-good western focus bowhunting site, good people there too
6. archerytalk.com-a ton of information if you can sort through all the fighting, worthless posts, multiple posts on the same topic, etc, etc in the General and Bowhunting sections. Its good to find out some of the newest stuff that's going on but if it went offline I doubt I'd miss it. The sub forums (3d, finger shooters, DIY, regional, state, etc) are actually a ton better than the others. I think it's just gotten too big and out of control for it's own good.

Tradgang.com
Tradrag.com
Stickbow.com
Droptinetraditions.com

If your into traditional bows and firearms, collecting and good information

archerytalk.com but as Supermag commented, you have to get through a bunch of nonsense and bickering to get to the good stuff. a lot of very good knowledge there but also a lot of people who claim to have a lot of knowledge. overall a good site though.

3dshoots.com is very good

bowzone.ca in canada here is pretty good - it is canadian based and focuses a bunch on hunting the famed Bowzone in Alberta Canada

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.