2015 archery season, how'd ya all do?

BrentM

I hunted deer, elk, and wolf. Didn't take the time for other game this year. Elk season was a little tough for me. Called in 3 smaller Bulls and decided to hold out.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    457.8 KB · Views: 183
Had worst year ever for game,mostly elk. I m use to passing up multiple bulls,was mainly calling for my son but only saw one good bull archery,and zero branched bulls rifle,had 37 days in with well over 120 mountain miles,wolfs have wiped out my favorite spots.I did pass on a super muley to my son on opener,lets say he begged to be the shooter.That buck you have looks like 190 caliber,what it gross.Man like looks of country I have mostly thick stuff.Thats a perfect typical,lot of our bucks in local mountains have junk.

I got 3 whitetail does with a total of 140 yards of watching them fall over! I'll be eating good this year. I hope to go on my first archery elk hunt next year to add some more meat to the freezer next year.

Shot this one in September. Not a huge one but it filled the freezer and it is my biggest archery bull to date. I have only been archery elk hunting 2 times and killed a 5x5 bull the first time. I really enjoy archery elk hunting. I will be going on my first archery mule deer hunt starting January 1st.

image.jpg

I had the worst year I have ever had hunting. I hunted more this year than I think I have in quite some time. I ate tag soup in MN with a bow, WI with a bow and WI with a firearm. To make matters worse I never saw a deer hunting in MN ( the property got overrun by coyotes) and in WI I only passed on a small fawn and a real small fawn sized forkie. This el nino was brutal this fall. Way too warm most of the time I was out.

Having said that I was there with my 14 yr old son when he got his first buck with a bow and he also got his first deer with a rifle. So for that, it was not a bad fall.

Opening day for me

Attachments

• IMG_3682.PNG
    IMG_3682.PNG
    495.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3683.PNG
    IMG_3683.PNG
    100.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3684.PNG
    IMG_3684.PNG
    258.7 KB · Views: 204
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.