What mount for an AR do you prefer? One piece or rings??

Sorry, but I attached the wrong photo, here's what is currently on my Colt. Opplanet NCStar AR15 Carry handle mount Z type with side Weaver mounts.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 94
  • opplanet-ncstar-ar15-carry-handle-mount-z-type-w-side-weaver-mounts-black-marl-main.jpg
    opplanet-ncstar-ar15-carry-handle-mount-z-type-w-side-weaver-mounts-black-marl-main.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I have purchased a few new scopes for the AR's and wondering what the majority like a one piece mount or a set of rings. And either way what manufacture do you guys go with? I have had both and no issues but kind of like the one piece for easy off and on should I need and adjustment but some rings can be as easy to move for flat top rail. Thanks in advance!
I have done it both ways and have found that the one piece mount is the way to go. They are solid and allow easy changes to eye relief and if you have to remove the scope for some reason if the location is marked before removing you can reinstall it and not have any change in the rifles zero. My preferences go to either Vortex or Warne.

I ended up ordering a Spuhr cantilever. It's my first so I'm eager to try it out and will give a report once I have it mounted. Definitely not cheap so my expectations are high.

On this particular setup, I don't anticipate removing my scope, thus why I went with the fixed Spuhr over a LaRue or Bobro.

I have purchased a few new scopes for the AR's and wondering what the majority like a one piece mount or a set of rings. And either way what manufacture do you guys go with? I have had both and no issues but kind of like the one piece for easy off and on should I need and adjustment but some rings can be as easy to move for flat top rail. Thanks in advance!
Badger Ordnance Condition one

Lots of good ones, but... I like Mounting Solutions Plus A.R.M.S are the best in my book, their "Throw Lever" has never failed me, on-off dead nuts repeatable zero every time. Good luck... Cheers

Lots of good ones, but... I like Mounting Solutions Plus A.R.M.S are the best in my book, their "Throw Lever" has never failed me, on-off dead nuts repeatable zero every time. Good luck... Cheers
The Geisele service rifle is very well engineered and popular among ATC shooters. Let's you get good cheek pressure on the stock.

I have used both types of mounts and have found that the one piece offset mounts seem to work the best. I currently use Vortex 30 mm with a 2 inch offset. This seems to do the trick, easy to mount, easy to adjust and provides good eye relief.

1-piece. currently ADM Recon, Recon-S, and Geissele mounts. I like the straight-up, no-cantilever Recon-S when the scope eye-relief and upper receiver rail real-estate works out. I use the G mounts when I need the 1-rail-slot-shorter footprint of the mount base.