What mount for an AR do you prefer? One piece or rings??

OCHO505

I have purchased a few new scopes for the AR's and wondering what the majority like a one piece mount or a set of rings. And either way what manufacture do you guys go with? I have had both and no issues but kind of like the one piece for easy off and on should I need and adjustment but some rings can be as easy to move for flat top rail. Thanks in advance!

Most one piece mounts put the scope at the same elevation above the rail. With two piece rings you have a selection of elevations which allow you to adjust cheek weld. Functionally there is no difference. One benefit to one piece is the offset that puts the rings forward to help clear the charging handle.

For AR's I like one piece mounts with quick detach options. I think AR's benefit from vertically split rings just to keep a slimmer profile, but that is more personal preference. Currently running the Larue LT204 because I wanted the finger adjustable tensioning. ADM is good but I have seen first hand and other reports of their screws being garbage and breaking. I did run some tall Warne rings on my coyote AR which were fine for their budget but had a bajillion screws holding them together and one was stripped pretty much out of the box.

Last edited:
One piece as well.

Don't think it was mentioned here yet, but in a lot of cases with an AR15, after the scope is positioned for proper eye relief, the front ring would have to mount on the handguard rather than on the receiver which is definitely suboptimal.

I just wrapped up an AR build and am deciding what glass and mounts to put on it. I have LaRues on a couple others and have been pleased with them. However, the recent builder I used recommended these mounts. He says they are smoother and less gritty than the LaRue. Anyone have experience with these?