What mount for an AR do you prefer? One piece or rings??

Leupold one piece AR mount. I have literally mounted a new scope in one and the cross hair was less than 2 MOA of impact. And they are strong.

I prefer a unimount because not all AR's are created equal ! Some rails don't line up, some forends prevent mounting scopes, all sorts of issues .

LaRue is ok, lots of issues when the rails aren't up to spec or their coatings vary in thickness, so you don't get repeatable mounting.

Best is to torque.repeatable

Go SPUHR or the new M Brace by ARC

I've had no issue with Recognizable Brand Names Rings. If it's QD I will only run 1. Bobro for precision and 2. American Defense for hunting.

I just wrapped up an AR build and am deciding what glass and mounts to put on it. I have LaRues on a couple others and have been pleased with them. However, the recent builder I used recommended these mounts. He says they are smoother and less gritty than the LaRue. Anyone have experience with these?

Bobro makes good quality mounts. Their QD mechanism is somewhat flat and wide though and I find it obtrusive. For whatever reason I always struggle operating the lever without busting one of my knuckles or finger on some part of the mount or gun. I think some of the other offerings out there are better.

Enough folks have mentioned the LaRue that I had a look at it. Yep, I'd never buy one of those. Warne cured me of vertically split rings, I never, ever want to own any of them ever again. What a PITA to assemble and align. Only thing worse would be if they were Buehler rings with the peel-off shims.

That is like saying you would never buy a Lexus because you had a bad experience with a Ford Pinto which also had four wheels.

Leupold one piece AR mount. I have literally mounted a new scope in one and the cross hair was less than 2 MOA of impact. And they are strong.
I have and am currently testing one of the Leupold 1 pc AR mounts and find it to be a very solid mount. I am using it with a Night Force Atacr 4x16 on a Krieger barreled side charging upper. So far I am very happy with it, and the price is great.

Warne XSKEL QR, rock solid, Warne also has awesome customer service. The screw pockets feature stainless inserts so that they are super durable, and replaceable as well. Shop around, there are great deals if you look around.

That is like saying you would never buy a Lexus because you had a bad experience with a Ford Pinto which also had four wheels.
No, it really is not. Thus far every one of the vertically split type of scope ring that I've found has assembled the same way, there is nothing to indicate that any brand would be less of a PITA than any other brand. A monkey with a football comes to mind....

I have purchased a few new scopes for the AR's and wondering what the majority like a one piece mount or a set of rings. And either way what manufacture do you guys go with? I have had both and no issues but kind of like the one piece for easy off and on should I need and adjustment but some rings can be as easy to move for flat top rail. Thanks in advance!
Hands down A.R.S.M, they seem to be everything I need for any set-up I use, great design, my next pick would be Samson Manufacturing. Good luck, Cheers

I have purchased a few new scopes for the AR's and wondering what the majority like a one piece mount or a set of rings. And either way what manufacture do you guys go with? I have had both and no issues but kind of like the one piece for easy off and on should I need and adjustment but some rings can be as easy to move for flat top rail. Thanks in advance!
One piece, Leupold mount.

Recent Posts