What is the rifle you passed by that you regret not buying

Subscribed to "Shotgun News" in 1974 after getting out of the Army. First copy I received had an add for M1 Garands, sniper
rifles still packed in original packing coated with the grease used to keep rust off FOREVER. With them came the old sniper
scopes. $750 was a lot of money back then, but I've kicked myself in the posterior ever since for not ordering one.

Subscribed to "Shotgun News" in 1974 after getting out of the Army. First copy I received had an add for M1 Garands, sniper
rifles still packed in original packing coated with the grease used to keep rust off FOREVER. With them came the old sniper
scopes. $750 was a lot of money back then, but I've kicked myself in the posterior ever since for not ordering one.
Cosmolene ?

45 -70 Sharp's, originall.. Driving home from work in 1977 saw a yard sale and stopped because of the vet sitting there. Looked at car and other car parts then saw several rifles. He wanted $300 for it.
I only had two on me so raced to the bank cot more money and got back just in time to watch some guy loading the last rifle in his car.

Over the decades, there have been several I wish I had bought, but one that definitely comes to mind was an older custom German made Wby Mk V in a rare 270 Gibbs. It wore a most beautiful carved and inlaid stock, a 26" sporter barrel, and I believe it was wearing an older but in great shape Kahles scope. The package was in excellent shape and had seen little to any usage, and due to it being in the unusual 270 Gibbs, the gentleman who inherited it was having a horrible time trying to sell it. However at the time, I had 2 young children, and my mil pay wasn't the greatest. So for the time decades ago, the $500 offer was just not within my budget.

Later, I would wish I had taken a loan to purchase that package.

I have have many rifles that I passed buy but two from the same guy really made me wish I had bought them both .They were a weathetby V in 338-378 kt and a original 1895 Winchester in 405 win.He wanted $1500 for both and they were in super good shape .A friend bought the 338-378 kt and converted it to full 338-378 Weatherby. THAT 405 looked new so did the other one .That was in 1998 back when a dollar was worth something.
338-378 Wby for $750 w/glass + 50 rds. I was in love with black at-the-time and would have had to sell one. Can't fix stupid. Course in this town Wby is in same class now.

A SS M70 in 300RUM that sat forever @ $550, I told someone about it and they ended up getting it for $450, I'd never asked for a lower price.

3 SS M70's in 375 H&H for $450ea when Gander Mt opened in the early 2000's.

Steyr Professional in 270Win, one of the distributors was closing them out @ $400 prior to the SBS launch, I was working @ a gun shop during college and could've ordered it for cost.

I should've bought several short-action Fieldcrafts. I wish I'd bought 1-2 6-Lug Ultralight AccuMark Weatherbys. I should've bought a Win 52B when Win re-ran them in the late '90's.

There's probably more if I think a bit but those stick out.
I bought a steyr pro in 300 win mag when cdnn was selling them out. I think it was about 400$. still in my safe nib. nice rifle

A SS M70 in 300RUM that sat forever @ $550, I told someone about it and they ended up getting it for $450, I'd never asked for a lower price.

3 SS M70's in 375 H&H for $450ea when Gander Mt opened in the early 2000's.

Steyr Professional in 270Win, one of the distributors was closing them out @ $400 prior to the SBS launch, I was working @ a gun shop during college and could've ordered it for cost.

I should've bought several short-action Fieldcrafts. I wish I'd bought 1-2 6-Lug Ultralight AccuMark Weatherbys. I should've bought a Win 52B when Win re-ran them in the late '90's.

There's probably more if I think a bit but those stick out.
bought 2 mk v weatherby ultra lights at the same time as the steyr. one in 06, and one in 338 06. I think about 600$ ea from cdnn