What .224 bullet would you use?

Lonewolf74

Out of an AR15 what bullet would you use to hunt whitetail and other midsize game?

I'm thinking like an 80 grain Partition would be great but doesn't exist.

My next pick would be the 78 grain Barnes TSX but not sure if these are maybe too long for standard AR mag's?

I currently run the 65 grain Sierra game king for shooting and varmint hunting but not sure this is enough for deer?

I would use a solid copper bullet that when seated would allow round to fit in magazine & not protrude deeply into case & permit relatively high velocities. Plastic tipped bullets have not worked out well in my AR -50 - 55 grain, copper mono core, hollow point at around 3,000 fps. Perfect broadside shots may not occur.

Out of an AR15 what bullet would you use to hunt whitetail and other midsize game?

My next pick would be the 78 grain Barnes TSX but not sure if these are maybe too long for standard AR mag's?

I currently run the 65 grain Sierra game king for shooting and varmint hunting but not sure this is enough for deer?
What barrel length are you running?

What type of velocity are you getting or looking for?

Assuming you are able to achieve 2600fps with a projectile... I really like the...

77 tmk
77 bthp of your choice
75 eld

Out of an 18" 1:7tw WOA barrel I'm getting 1 shot flopps on hogs inside of 200yds with the cheapo hornady frontier 75gr bthp.

If you are making 2 holes on hogs and deer with a .223/5.56 then you are using the wrong bullet.

I'd use the 65 Sierra that you're already using

Next in line for choices would be the 55 Horn soft point w/c, 63 Sierra, 60 grain Horn sp and HP. All of these will time and time again take out small big game (deer/lopes) quicker than most all the other options listed.

I haven't used it but hear great things from fellas I know and trust regarding the 70 Berger and 77 TMK

75g gold dot