What’s your favorite cartridge?

I love all my calibers/cartridges, and especially the one I'm shooting atm. From my 22 LR to my 30-378. What an awesome hobby/sport/passion to be involved in.
I hear your! Sometimes shooting spinning and swinging & other targets in the yard with a 22lr just makes the day! 😀

What about a 17 Remington, I've shot more yotes with that gun than all my other guns put together. Shoot them in the guts, pin hole going in and no exit.
I have a 17 REM & havnt loaded for it much. Its a Remington 700 stainless synthetic. 22"
Would you share your loads??
25 gr Hp's are a pain to find, I have lots of 20 grainers. I've only used 4320 so far, & have lots of varget,some 748

Will one chamber in another to fire form?
Thankyou btw 😀

I'm not certain. A search of the case dimensions may give the data you seek. I'm guessing that finding any cases (even the Weatherby) will be next to impossible.

Though, by far the easiest is to have a gunsmith convert your H&H into whichever cartridge you prefer and fire form the H&H case in whatever cartridge you prefer!

I'm not a fan of the Weatherby double radius shoulder….so I went AI!

I hope I understood what you were wanting and gave you a half-@$$'d proper answer! memtb

I'm not certain. A search of the case dimensions may give the data you seek. I'm guessing that finding any cases (even the Weatherby) will be next to impossible.

Though, by far the easiest is to have a gunsmith convert your H&H into whichever cartridge you prefer and fire form the H&H case in whatever cartridge you prefer!

I'm not a fan of the Weatherby double radius shoulder….so I went AI!

I hope I understood what you were wanting and gave you a half-@$$'d proper answer! memtb

375 Weatherby ammunition is still available
I do like the AI option being standard H& H can be used. Lol if the 375 isn't big enuf I can go to my 378, 416 Weatherby or 458 Lott 😂😂
I just posted a picture of the 3

I have a 17 REM & havnt loaded for it much. Its a Remington 700 stainless synthetic. 22"
Would you share your loads??
25 gr Hp's are a pain to find, I have lots of 20 grainers. I've only used 4320 so far, & have lots of varget,some 748
I see you are looking for a good .17 Rem load... For most of my .17 Rem hunting days I used one load, it was based on, unfortunately, the old Remington 25gr HP that they used in their factory ammo which I found in my rifle to be an easy five shots sub 0.50 moa and better. When I measured out ascertaining the factory powder charge by weight, the powder was identical to VV N135 powder in texture, weighing 22.8grs
The velocity on my chronograph came out spot on with the factory velocity of 4040 fps.

Here's the load.

.17 Remington
25gr. HP Remington factory bullet
Remington Case
Remington 7 1/2 bench rest primer
VihtaVuori "VV" N135 ( 22.8gr) no pressure at all.
Vel 4040 fps

Good luck Cheers

I see you are looking for a good .17 Rem load... For most of my .17 Rem hunting days I used one load, it was based on, unfortunately, the old Remington 25gr HP that they used in their factory ammo which I found in my rifle to be an easy five shots sub 0.50 moa and better. When I measured out ascertaining the factory powder charge by weight, the powder was identical to VV N135 powder in texture, weighing 22.8grs
The velocity on my chronograph came out spot on with the factory velocity of 4040 fps.

Here's the load.

.17 Remington
25gr. HP Remington factory bullet
Remington Case
Remington 7 1/2 bench rest primer
VihtaVuori "VV" N135 ( 22.8gr) no pressure at all.
Vel 4040 fps

Good luck Cheers
Hornady and nosler discontinued their 25 gainers 😢😭😢

Hornady and nosler discontinued their 25 gainers 😢😭😢
Yes that's a shame, the 25gr bullet "Remington" was only made for the hand loader for a short time, I have the last 400 or so to a Canadian Army bubby a year ago, he passed away before ever using them, but his son is a reloader and shoots the .17 so they'll get used. You might keep checking around now and then someone has a box or two for sale on the web, as well as the Hornady and others... There is, in my opinion, a market for the .25gr bullet in the .17 cal community. I never did as well with the 20gr and 30gr bullets in the .17 Rem. Good Luck Cheers