USPS disgust….

OP: sorry you only got half your value back. Keep trying. Sometimes I think they just try to wear us down. Guess we need to insure for twice the value.

USPS really only affordable option for regular guy to ship firearms. I did it once with them after UPS shut us out. Dreading the next time at USPS.

My local UPS driver agreed to accept a signed hand written note from me for deliveries requiring signatures. Worth asking so you don't hav to wait around all day although UPS gives pretty good delivery time windows whereas FedEX is terrible at tracking.
On UPS, as long as the label is printed and on the package before you drop it off at a UPS customer service office they will accept it. I've talked to my local UPS hub about it many times and he says there is no issue with him accepting the package as long as the label is a pre paid label. He said especially if you use third party shipping company like Pirateship or something similar because they don't ask what you're shipping. It's also considerably cheaper because you're getting commercial rates. Most guns shipped and insured cost me around $25-30 through Pirateship.

Last edited:
So I used my local post office back on January 18th to ship a stock back to Mesa to open a barrel channel up. In the process USPS lost my stock. I have fought with them since the first part of February to either find it or reimburse me. After phone call after call after call and submitting a claim with the exact invoice and credit card statement they continued to deny my claim. Luckily I got a local postal worker to step in to see this through. Received a "reimbursement settlement" of HALF of my stock costs to replace! HALF! While half is better than nothing it still ****es me off to no end that they were responsible for the handling of my package to and from and THEY lost it! And I get is half of what my item is worth to replace! Just beware and spend a little extra on other carriers with your valuables!

There must of been something spiked in the Kool Aid drinks at USPS that same week as yours . They LOST the package I sent my Daughter in California the same week they lost yours . And I got NOTHING in return . My package contained a prescription set of foot soles for her shoes. She had both feet operated on , so she has to wear these form fit soles made for the shape of her feet . They actually lost 3 things in the same package . A birthday card with $100 cash in it , a Valentines day card with a $100 gift card in it , plus her prescription foot soles that cost $650. So thats $850 bucks out the window ! What kills me is it was " Out For Delivery " with her address written on the box with black magic marker ! It took me 4 days to get somebody on the phone at the local post office that had it out for delivery. I went to my local post office for help. He looked it up and thought it was strange that the carrier didn't take a " required " picture of the supposedly undeliverable box due to " Incomplete Address " which was their excuse . I WROTE THE FREAKIN ADDRESS IN BLACK MAGIC MARKER !!! . Worst part is they claimed they couldn't even mail it back to the " Sender " !!! So off it went to the " Mail Recovery Center " in Atlanta where packages go to be disposed of after 30 days. That of course is after they open them and feast on what they find. Almost 2 months after filing a lost mail search , someone called me and said the package might have gotten wet and smudged the address . BULL ! It was on the truck out for delivery ! . I am waiting for another set of foot soles to be made. This time they are being shipped UPS . I will never send another important package with our tax payer funded USPS !

Alost.JPG

When it rains it pours, anyone in the El Cajon area finds a shiny new tikka stainless fluted action for dirt cheap - think of us :) Postal service employee must have wanted it bad enough to do some slick behind the scenes moves - lord help me I can't stand thieves!

So I used my local post office back on January 18th to ship a stock back to Mesa to open a barrel channel up. In the process USPS lost my stock. I have fought with them since the first part of February to either find it or reimburse me. After phone call after call after call and submitting a claim with the exact invoice and credit card statement they continued to deny my claim. Luckily I got a local postal worker to step in to see this through. Received a "reimbursement settlement" of HALF of my stock costs to replace! HALF! While half is better than nothing it still ****es me off to no end that they were responsible for the handling of my package to and from and THEY lost it! And I get is half of what my item is worth to replace! Just beware and spend a little extra on other carriers with your valuables!
I have quit using usps (u-stupid-people-suck) because it doesn't matter if they do their job or not. They can't be fired so why care about doing a good job. We were having so much trouble getting anything delivered on time (even when I would send payment 10 to 14 days in advance). I just started doing everything online. Let it go down, just like our public schools.

The problem is there are those of us that don't put any personal or financial info on the net. S.S. is the only ones that can deposit into my accounts. There's only 2 that receive direct payments from them. I do not trust the net, computers or any other electronics with my info. I used to work in the office equipment field and I've seen so many things that make you go hmmmmmm.