US forest issues kill order for feral cows in New Mexico

Why not just open up a season for the public to harvest these Feral Cows?
Click the link below. US Forest is going to shoot from helicopters and let rot.

Our government doesn't work that way! Another prime example….the government's killing of the Mountain Goats in the Wyoming Tetons! 🤬 I've been trying for over 30 years to draw a Mountain Goat Tag! 🤬🤬🤬 memtb

Our government doesn't work that way! Another prime example….the government's killing of the Mountain Goats in the Wyoming Tetons! 🤬 I've been trying for over 30 years to draw a Mountain Goat Tag! 🤬🤬🤬 memtb
That one is not quite true, they issued depredation tags for outside the park (I hunted it) and let hunters inside the park as well. So exact opposite, they did use hired guns to finish the job but only after we did our work

That one is not quite true, they issued depredation tags for outside the park (I hunted it) and let hunters inside the park as well. So exact opposite, they did use hired guns to finish the job but only after we did our work

Perhaps so, though that was not the original plan! There was quite an outcry…..so they must've listened! I quit following after the initial reports about the "kill off"!

I stand corrected! Someone in government listening and responding….. "The end is truly near"! memtb

The NM Cattle Growers lobbied againt the proposal for hunting them.
The NM Livestock Board opposed shooting them last year when they killed 67 from the air.
Bears ate well when they came out in the spring.
The Continental Trail runs through 15 miles of that section of the Gila River. The river bottom was over grazed before they started gathering and shooting them last year.

The environmentalist sued the FS over the cows being on the river. As part of the remedy the environmentalist agreed to the shooting from the helicopter.

Don't try to make any sense out of it.
There are plenty of locals who would buy a permit to have the meat and not cost you the taxpayer a dime.

The NM Livestock Board opposed shooting them last year when they killed 67 from the air.
The Continental Trail runs through 15 miles of that section of the Gila River. The river bottom was over grazed before they started gathering and shooting them last year.

The environmentalist sued the FS over the cows being on the river. As part of the remedy the environmentalist agreed to the shooting from the helicopter.

There are plenty of locals who would buy a permit to have the meat and not cost you the taxpayer a dime.
This has happened so many times I can't even begin to count them. It just makes no sense ,you could make money instead of spending money by issuing a permit to hunt these animals. Keep your locals happy get the job done and make money instead of hiring contractors and spending money!

Wouldn't this change bears eating habits to target cattle if the acquired a taste for it? Seems it could be problematic to bear health as ranchers would start hammering them.

Yep nm cattle growers Don't want Any competition from any"wild cows"! Won't help feed the needy,just leave them for the Dog's and Bear's! But YET ITS ILLEGAL TO NOT HARVEST ANY GAME, OR TO WASTE PARTS! People, go eat Bugs, quit eating any (game meat) even if from the STORE!

group estimates that 50 to 150 cows graze, unauthorized, in the "Gila Wilderness, a remote stretch that spans more than 870 square miles (2,253 square kilometers) and is home to endangered Mexican gray wolves, elk, deer and other wildlife"

How stupid can the Gov. be, free food for people and won't let them have it. Just what they want is to keep everyone under their thumb. Be careful who you elect.

I give up, let the bears eat and people who are hungry starve or wish they had some meat, maybe put Pete Buttigieg in charge, he's blaming Trump for the rail disaster in Ohio, typical from a idoit.

Recent Posts