How far out will you kill an elk by yourself?

One of my old hunting buddies called yesterday, He's 93 has one arm and told me he has gotten good enough that he can take 4 small steps with his walker. He called to make sure I got him put in the elk draw, He's ready to go. He has to be carried into a vehicle and can't lift a rifle. The last elk he shot was off the mirror of the truck while sitting inside and the rifle almost landed in my lap after taking off his glasses and giving him a bloody nose on the way. Elk was dead though.

That's remines me about a couple of hunter that got a buck. They were draging the buck back to there pickup. Anyway the horn keep getting hug in the bushes. Another hunt came across the 2 draging the buck. He suggested to them to grab it by the horns, and drage it that way. Late on one of the hunter said to the other. It sure is easier to drag the deer, by the horns, but we are getting farther away from the pickup.

I had a cow elk tag, this season, and ended up not pulling the trigger because getting to them was so hard when I did the math, I just did not think I could get her out. What do everyone think? What's your worst pack outs? I know I would have made it happen for a bull. The people I talked to had an attitude of "don't work that hard for a cow". I don't know, seasons over and I'm kind of kicking myself. The best thing would have been to be in much better shape, and found some easier elk.
Bull's are nice to look at, hang on wall, make knife handles, buttons etc. BUT COWS EAT BETTER! Way Better on the Table!

At my age and alone? Not sure if I would shoot it even if I could drive up to it.
I made a cantilevered upside down L bracket which fits into my receiver. Have quick releases to hold the block and tackle.
I am in the 2nd half of 60s, most joints abused and arthritic, with some meniscus left inside.
I can bring it along to assist in cleaning, butchering, and cutting into right size pieces that we can vacuum pack, and set into my "large" chiller which is half filled with dry ice and regular ice.

My wife and kids know I need to get out now and then.

I am available if you need somebody. Did I sell myself well enough?