Trust Land

A suppressor is sometimes called a "can" I can find them for most everything but a 6.5. I see a few guys using .308 cans on their 6.5 bbl. I don't know yet how efficient it is. I might try that though if all else fails. Kinda expensive but I bet I can deduct it from my taxes...?:rolleyes:

Well, 2010 was a rough year for me and I'm anxious to have it in my rear view mirror. In one year, I lost my Dad, brother, dog (Sako) and a friend (co-worker)was killed in the line of duty. Other than that, things have been pretty good and it's time to start working on "Trust Land" again...

Man, that is a tough year!

On the up side, I feel better after Nov 2 than I have in 2 years. Hope 2011 is good.

Tom

Sorry to hear about all the drama in your life, RD. I certainly hope 2011 treats you much better. I know that a bunch of us will be treated a LOT better if you start up "Trust Land" again. The withdrawl symptoms are a bitch!!

God Bless

Jim

Thanks Jim! I'm hoping to finish it up this winter if things work out for me. I have to make sure my girlfriend shoots her dear tomorrow and I have an archery tag left. But since it's getting dark at 4pm around here, I'm going to be hammering away at it as much as possible. I'm glad you guys like it.

Well, 2010 was a rough year for me and I'm anxious to have it in my rear view mirror. In one year, I lost my Dad, brother, dog (Sako) and a friend (co-worker)was killed in the line of duty. Other than that, things have been pretty good and it's time to start working on "Trust Land" again...
Too bad about your year. I hope God comforts you.
I printed out all your previous Trust Land posts. Hope to add to them soon.

Anxious to start reading about Trust Land again.
Hoping you have an awesome 2011!!!
The time you wrote Trust Land was one of the time I was more addicted to this website, sorry Len. Trust Land is awesome.

Anxious to start reading about Trust Land again.
Hoping you have an awesome 2011!!!
The time you wrote Trust Land was one of the time I was more addicted to this website, sorry Len. Trust Land is awesome.

Thanks bro! I'm working on another installment this week! I hope you guys like it. I didn't think it would go as far and last as long as it did. I stopped writing after my Dad died, then the ensuing string of other tragedies combined with my getting away every possible chance this summer to fish and shoot prairie dogs, kept me from working on it any more.
We all tell stories about things that have happened to us but I didn't know if anyone would even be interested in hearing mine. Some of the guys I've worked with on different task forces over the years thought I could put together a pretty good book of just short stories. It was always in the back of my mind and as I get older, my memories start to fade and get replaced with newer more recent drama. lol I really just wanted to get some stuff down so I wouldn't forget some of it. I had to actually look up case reports and re-read them for accuracy. Then I found that I had to change a bunch of names to keep from getting sued. :rolleyes: It's hard keeping the everyone's alias straight. You guys seemed to like it and I started thinking that maybe I should save it all on my hard drive and try to get a book written. I'm glad you like it and I'll get my butt busy this winter.

1st post after a long and much needed break. I love LRH, and have missed it dearly, as most of you fellow LRH junkies understand, and Im glad to be back, especially when the good guys are checking in again.
Great to here from you Tom. Im sorry about your 2010. Weve kept up some in the form of P.M.'s but not enough. I had no idea it got worse. Well 2011 is almost here! Time to turn the page!! Did you ever decide on your L/R rig for next years compitetion?
Looking forward to the next Trustland installment.

PS
My son Hunter was born Dec. 5th. He's the latest in my pack string.........hahaha. Big kid, cant wait till he can hold up his bb gun & start shootin with me, and his big brother and sister.

Last edited:
I'm still out here. Life happened and I got busy with another adventure. I've started writing again and I expect to finish it soon. Thanks for all of the interest! I can honestly say that the amount of interest I received kept me interested in telling my story.

I saw a US Navy commercial a while back that said, "If someone wrote a book about your life, would anyone want to read it?"

It really made me reflect on the things I seen, done and experienced. I think I need to continue the story.

Stay tuned...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.