Trust Land

Pulling apart rifle bullets loaded with pistol primers doesn't sound like too much fun, how'd you manage to load em w/pistol primers?

Just stupid I guess or not paying attention. I was in a hurry and didn't have rounds loaded so I hurried up and jacked a few out to zero that scope. I should have known things were going much too smoothly. LoL One round seemed to almost "hang-fire" for a split second. Others flowed back into the firing pin hole. I thought I had over loaded them and expected to have loose primer pockets and stretched brass. I found out the problem when I searched my trash for the box of primers I'd used. Well, better than pistol powder I guess. LoL

Tom

That's one tough match to shoot. Just finishing it is impressive to me. Every one you shoot will be educational. I still remember my first NRA High Power match. I gave some thought to saving the last round for myself...

Good to hear from you again. I think WinMag, Chas1 and I watch for you. Tom

Last edited:
Dang buddy, good to have you back!! Congrats on the match. Sounds grueling. With a finish like that you have reason to hold your head high. Any time I ever placed in the top of anything, made me feel pretty darn good, but what it did more than that was give me the drive to do even better than I did the last time. Not necissarily first place, but beating my personal best. You set the bar high for yourself. Were all proud of ya. Good job.
We were gettin a bit curious as to what happened to you. Its good to see your ok and kickin butt. Congrats again.

Hey roaddog,

Good to see you're fit n well,
That match, even though it was tough, sounds like alot of fun!!
would love to have a go at one sometime.

Thats a pain with the reloading, it takes long enough without doin it twice!:D

Thanks guys, I spent a lot of time getting ready and really felt like I was going to win it though. When I got there I noticed that most of the guys looked younger and in better shape than me. L0L I started to get a bit worried. Just decided to let the little bastards know that even if I'm not as young or in as good of shape, I'm a lot more stubborn and that counts for a lot. Not to mention that they all had tricked out flat tops with expensive optics I'm also willing to bet that I had the only factory long range rifle. I made it a point to shoot all my duty weapons. NEXT TIME however, I'm going to own the bastards! I bought a flat top 6.5 grendel upper for my Bushmaster lower (issued duty rifle) and I'm going to put a good optic on it. Sticking with my 1911 and probably stay with my Rem 700PSS .308 for accuracy. I just need to spend a little more time shooting in wind. Having a helluva time finding 6.5 G brass though. I can make it out of 7.62x39 but I'm even having trouble finding that stuff (thanks Obama) I finally found an 8lb of Varget but had to pretty must sell a kidney to buy it ($173.00). Can't believe how much that's gone up too. A person just needs to buy as much powder as he can afford now cuz it ain't getting any cheaper I bet.

I here ya on the price of supplies! Im pretty new to handloading (considering) so I dont yet have lots of years of extra stuff layin around yet. This sucks! I realy wish Id have listened to my dad and got all this stuff 16 years ago when I lived with mom and dad. Dang kids.............:D. hahahahaha Oh well at least I got into loading while its still legal..................Hmmmmmm.

Stubborn sometimes=Intestinal fortitude...and it can make the difference. You did good and there's always next year. Good to hear your going to take some steps to level next years playing field.

Pistol primers in rifle rounds, huh?

I did the same freaking thing!!!

Getting ready for a trip to WY to shot p-dogs and some how i put small pistol primers in 100 rounds of 223 that I loaded up. Good thing is I caught it when I did cause I have since loaded up another 500 of them(with correct primers this time!!!)

Hey great job at the shoot! Sounds very exciting, I might have to look into trying that some day!

I got my new Rock River upper today!!! I'm pretty fricken excited but I'm still waiting for my brass to show up. I think it will be here tomorrow. I work day shift till 5pm which means that I won't get any ammo loaded until tomorrow night and then maybe shoot on Thursday. It's chambered in 6.5 Grendel so it will be fun working with a new cartridge. I ordered 150 rds of Hornady Brass. Not much out there to choose from. I'd like to get ahold of some 7.62x39 brass and neck it down but that is also scarce these days. (Thanks Obama)

I had a 4.5x 14 Leopold laying around so I stuck it on the new upper. Prolly going to be looking for a can next but I'm sure I'll have to sell a kidney to get one special ordered since it's a 6.5 cal.

I'll post on here next time there is going to be a shoot. They were talking about having a night shoot later this summer. It will be an awesome experience to shoot a tac match in low light so if you can come you really should try to make it. If you hang around a few days, I can put you on some P-doggies and the trip will be a win win.

Tom

6.5 grendel sounds like a real shooter, can't wait to hear how it shoots!

A night time shoot like you described sounds freaking awsome! All that running and gunning combined with the dark would be a heck of a time! Keep us informed if and when dates come up.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.