Trigger tech issue

Which Triggertech? I have a few Diamond models and they are some of the best triggers I've ever touched. I probably have 25 jewel's but TT or bix n andy are all I buy now.

I've moved to TT across the board with zero issues. Granted none on 700s. Two bighorns, a Tempest, and Impact 737r. Both Bighorns are running TriggerTech Specials and the Tempest and 737r are running Diamonds. In fact the Diamond is the only trigger that i've not had a single issue out of my Tempest with. I had tried CE single & 2-stage, BnA, Xmark pro, Huber, and went to TT and never looked back. I've honestly not heard of the slam fire issue hell the Diamonds are supposed to be incredibly safe despite the low pull weight. Mine are both set at 10oz.

But yeah i'd call them. At worst if it just wont function selling shouldn't be an issue.

Tagged for info...debating on a TT Primary myself.

@wolf, any word from TT? The issue you are having is with a factory M700 right and not a clone?

Yes factory 700.
They finally got back to me yesterday and are sending a replacement. We'll see how that goes. I LOVE the TT triggers. Virtually no movement and they brake cleanly. This one just didn't meet spec.

Sounds like the problem common denominator is a TT on a rem 700 with bolt release? I've never used that config, I have however used a dozen or so on lone peak, defiance, Christensen, Mesa, and Kelbly actions, with zero issues. Sounds like the problem may be in bolt release, as all these actions have a side mounted unit, not in trigger. Hopefully TT gets back to you and gets it sorted out.

Kinda odd, you figure in this day and age of manufacturing there would be a production batch that would be out of specifications. However, my understanding may be off, but the TT are hand assembled and tune so maybe human error?

Kinda odd, you figure in this day and age of manufacturing there would be a production batch that would be out of specifications. However, my understanding may be off, but the TT are hand assembled and tune so maybe human error?
I would bet it's a tolerance issue on the 700 action/bolt assy before the trigger, but that's just me.

You can have the same issue with any preset trigger where the action just is out side the average that they are initially set for, the only real issue is that the TT is not adjustable for the outside the norm since there is no sear adjustment. This was the explanation I got from TT once.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.