Dakota 97 trigger issue

rharfo

Posting for informational purposes and to see what other Dak 97 owners have experienced with trigger options.
A few years ago I purchased a used Dakota 97 in 300 Dakota. Had it rebarrled to 7 Dak. This past year I noticed a lot of creep in the trigger. I hade my local smith try to install a Jewel that I purchased from Grafs that specifically said Dakota replacement. The Jewel pin holes did not line up. I emailed Jewel and they told me Dakota ordered triggers from them in the past but did not know what model of Dakota they fit. I then called Dakota. They advised me that no one makes a aftermarket trigger for their 97 as it is made in house. I will be shipping the gun and the removed Timney trigger to them this week. Price is 150, plus shipping with a 8 week turnaround. I'm wondering if any one else has had any dealing with a model 97 trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.