Trigger tech issue

Wolf76

Looking for some help. Just put a trigger tech special in my 700 la. When I close the bolt, there's a click sort of noise. Like something isn't aligned.
When I put the timney back in, it's smooth as silk.
Is there something I should do or look at?

Last edited:
I've had a number of Trigger Techs fail to function correctly and not being able to set the sear engagement I have been replacing them with Timneys.

Just installed one on a Pierce SA, same problem. I'm going to call them and if necessary send it back. Sounds like an issue with the trigger and not actions.

I just installed one a couple weeks ago on my 300 rum. I heard no clicking . I did have to work on the bolt release a little to get it to spring back. Kinda ticked me off a little . I'm going to test the slam fire more just to make sure . Thanks Bigngreen for the input. I too replaced an old Timney. The locking nut on trigger adjustment was rusted i guess and broke off with adj. screw. I like the TriggerTech. Hopefully it will be trouble free...

Good to know I went with TT on my new build so far no noises or clicking. The slam firing is concerning. I do really like the trigger so far. Thought I would try something new but not liking this review.

I have a trigger tech in my rifle with a defiance, deviant action. I haven't had any issues with it yet, but if I had to do it over again, I'd go back to a Timney. IMO the Timney is a lot smoother and feels better. After reading these reviews, I'm not so sure I want to take this thing hunting this season in case if malfunctions.

I've sent multiples back and they were all in spec, their specs just won't work with every action which is not their problem according to them. I won't use them, of all the triggers I install the TT is the worst for slam fire or firing when running the bolt aggressively but there is no fixing or adjusting them.
Hey bigngreen. I did some heavy duty bolt slamming and drop tests. No issues thank God.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.