Tikka T3X 7mm mag hunting bullet advice

I've had very good luck with the 139 Interbond and the 162 sst. 139's at high velocity are devastating

For that range, a lighter weight mono would be worth looking as mentioned.

131gr Hammer Hunter with Rl23 loafing along at 3525 FPS.

From 0-300 point and shoot.

@Prieto9000 mention of the 162gr SST is dead on, and the Interbond is also a great idea. Both will gold together well at close range at 7mm Rem Mag velocities. Don't want a soft and light bullet blowing up on a hog's shoulder.

@Shane Lindsey post is also dead on. Under 300 yds the right mono at high velocity will get it done.

Careful with soft light non bonded cup and core bullets at these short ranges, they can fragment when hitting a shoulder, especially on a tough hog. Go heavy, or bonded or a good mono.

@Prieto9000 mention of the 162gr SST is dead on, and the Interbond is also a great idea. Both will gold together well at close range at 7mm Rem Mag velocities. Don't want a soft and light bullet blowing up on a hog's shoulder.

@Shane Lindsey post is also dead on. Under 300 yds the right mono at high velocity will get it done.

Careful with soft light non bonded cup and core bullets at these short ranges, they can fragment when hitting a shoulder, especially on a tough hog. Go heavy, or bonded or a good mono.
Thanks. I have the Interbond 139, 140 Partitions & I think the 162 ELD -x

I'd second the 162 eld-x. It's been good for me on elk from impact speeds from about 3000 down to about 1600 fps. Obviously, it's a bit rough on meat at 3000, but everything is at those speeds. It's a pretty good all around bullet. The accubonds would be good choice as well....as are many of those mentioned.

Here's mine. Same exact load for two separate 7mm tikka roughtech's. They both shoot 5/8-3/4. I didn't try to get them any better than that.....good enough for what they're for.
Hornady brass. Holds up to at least 6 loads so far. Not the best, but works for this.
69.5 RL-26
Cci 250
Coal 3.357
3050fps.
Not a top load, but one to work up to.
I did load development on mine, then my brother in law bought the same gun. I just shot my loads in that gun and it shot the same......probably got lucky on that, but I bet most tikka 7mm's will shoot this one decent, probably just have to tweak it a little bit. Good luck with it.

I would shoot nothing bigger then 140Grain( grand slams) I once when younger and not so aware of terminal performance I shot a beautiful 8 point with four rounds. Unfortunately with the help of 8 others we never recovered him. IAfter that I worked at a butcher shop on season and asked each hunter what the shot there deer with every one with more then one shot in them was with a 7mm Mag. I never asked bullet wieght but I suspect heavy.

As you can see, about every bullet out there will get recommended. Under 300 yards. About anything will really work. If you want exits on the hogs, might want to stick with partitions, or bonded stuff like terminal ascent, swift scirocco, swift a frame, norma bondtrike or oryx, accubond or the mono metal like barnes and hammer. With the Tikka 9.5 twist, the really heavy stuff likely won't stabilize. The 175 partition is on the fence, since it's a short 175.
As for loading just off the lands like has been recommended, you might not get there in the Tikka. The shorter bullets might not be in the neck enough to reach the lands, or you could run out of magazine before you get there. I do very well with most bullets well off the lands and find much larger sweet spots away from them. Food for thought there.
Good luck with it, let us know how it works out.
If you get fed up with it, we have a pile of options available in 7 rem mag, or we can do the work for you. Or feel free to call and chat about it.

As you can see, about every bullet out there will get recommended. Under 300 yards. About anything will really work. If you want exits on the hogs, might want to stick with partitions, or bonded stuff like terminal ascent, swift scirocco, swift a frame, norma bondtrike or oryx, accubond or the mono metal like barnes and hammer. With the Tikka 9.5 twist, the really heavy stuff likely won't stabilize. The 175 partition is on the fence, since it's a short 175.
As for loading just off the lands like has been recommended, you might not get there in the Tikka. The shorter bullets might not be in the neck enough to reach the lands, or you could run out of magazine before you get there. I do very well with most bullets well off the lands and find much larger sweet spots away from them. Food for thought there.
Good luck with it, let us know how it works out.
If you get fed up with it, we have a pile of options available in 7 rem mag, or we can do the work for you. Or feel free to call and chat about it.
I'd like to keep the rifle & have some accuracy improvements