Tikka T3x Lite mag info

FlGunner

I have been looking at buying a Tikka T3x in 6.5 PRC and was wondering if anyone knows the magazine internal length. I've read that some change the bolt stop and use a long action magazine as well. Just wondering if anyone has some Tikka experience that could help me out.

I can try and measure later tonight.

Off the top of my head it's close to 2.95" or so for PRC mags. There are many aftermarket mags that are a tad longer.

Most importantly none of that matters. Best part of tikka is you order a LA bolt stop and you can put a LA mag in there and get out to 3.34" or so.

Mag length shouldn't be limiting with most bullets.

I can try and measure later tonight.

Off the top of my head it's close to 2.95" or so for PRC mags. There are many aftermarket mags that are a tad longer.

Most importantly none of that matters. Best part of tikka is you order a LA bolt stop and you can put a LA mag in there and get out to 3.34" or so.

Mag length shouldn't be limiting with most bullets.
Thank you. That's the way I think I understand a lot of guys have been going. Change it bolt stop and use a magazine like for a 300 win mag.

Is Mountain Tactical the only bottom metal producer to get away from plastic?

Factory tikka 6.5 PRC magazines measure 3.070 internal overall length. To date, they only have 1 magazine available, it is a 4 round extended magazine thats not flush, it protrudes out a good inch or so off the DBM.

If you prefer the flush design, the long action magazines from 30-06, 7mm rem mag or 300 win mag's work fine - you'll only have a 2 round capacity.

All 6.5 PRC's have long action bolt stops installed from the factory. If you want maximum internal length out of a magazine in the tikka - the mountain tactical long action magazine has an internal length of 3.400.