Tikka T3X 7mm mag hunting bullet advice

dkwellman

Reloading 7mag for my Tikka & need bullet advice. I've used 140 &
175 Nosler Partitions & 140 Ballistic tips but not as accurate as it should be.

140gr bullets will work fine at that distance.
Though you might want to consider bullets in the 150-160gr class.

My go to bullets are the Ballistic Tip. Followed by the Berger VLD.

The Berger VLDs usually like to be up close & personal to the lands.
I load mine 0.005" off.
Absolutely devastating terminal performance!!!

Where as I've found the Ballistic Tip to like a jump of 0.020" off the lands.

140g BT
seat .005 off the lands for the utmost accuracy
65-66g of IMR 4350
Rem case
Rem 9 1/2 primer
Should shoot under half inch at 3200-3250 fps
I have never had one fail on deer, and I killed two bull elk with them also, they flopped at the shot.

You did not mention them, but they are available, the 139g Hornady Lead tip interlock, flast base.

I would put a Gentry muzzle break on that Teeker!

140 Sierra pro hunter... every single 7rem I've owned has killed things with that bullet... Heck, I dropped a mule deer at over 800 yards once with a 140 pro hunter tossed from a 7rum
Yup, the Sierra is out of stock in most places right now... the 145 speer offerings are getting my attention lately for any new l.d..

In the Tikkas I like 162 ELD-X. Used a lot of different bullets through the years, and all worked ok, but the Hornady above groups fantastic and it makes things die quickly near and far.

Have some Norma 165 Bondstrikes on order. No experience with them yet, but have had very good experience with Norma bullets in the past. Might be a better choice for elk and moose with a 7mm. Not that the 162 ELD-X has ever let me or anyone I know down.

In the Tikkas I like 162 ELD-X. Used a lot of different bullets through the years, and all worked ok, but the Hornady above groups fantastic and it makes things die quickly near and far.

Have some Norma 165 Bondstrikes on order. No experience with them yet, but have had very good experience with Norma bullets in the past. Might be a better choice for elk and moose with a 7mm. Not that the 162 ELD-X has ever let me or anyone I know down.
Thanks fellows for the info