Thoughts On Oregon & Washington As Hunting States

I've had the privilege with my job to winter all over the states. I wouldn't choose any other group of people to live with over the folks in Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington. Both are dominated by single western counties or small regions west, and while that is no small amount of opposition it breeds some mighty resilient conservatives.

Op is from Connecticut, as dumb as Oregon politics are they haven't full reached the low where he's accustomed. Hard pressed to find a better group of folks than the ones within 100 miles of Cove, halfway, or Baker, I've certainly not found a better batch in the 20 years since high school.

I was looking at the Kamchatka Peninsula several years ago. Low population, lots of animals and salmon. My wife was not in favor.
I definitely hear you on that!
My wife darn near had heart failure when we moved from Pa. 5 years ago when we moved to NC. Now. I wished we'd stayed in Pa. I only had 12 acres up there. But the deer were at least 2 times bigger and a lot more, And traffic Because of the Marine Corps base there are people everywhere. And it kinda ruined the whole infrastructure of the area. Because they are very slow as far as keeping up with the population growth. Too few grocery stores. No mom& pop stores. And every business owner thinks you're related to the Rockefeller's, None of the LGS. Have much in the line of supplies. So I guess I'll suffer through the remaining years that I have here Should have never moved 🤷‍♂️

I think if I can get my wife to agree to the coleville area I might be content. Thanks.
Be careful where you set foot out there, there are some odd folks around I've been told. You might get shot at. I was thinking Aeneas valley area would be nice to get away from westside.

If, and it's a really big "IF", eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington do annex themselves to Idaho….. a relocation there may give you a few more years of freedom, which is on life support everywhere east of the Mississippi! JusSay'n! 😉 memtb
If that happens, the hair-on-fire voters of Portland will likely outlaw all guns. Within five years, the valley will be like Manhattan in the Escape from New York movies.

--sarcasm--

PLEASE move to OR and register to vote. We need all the help we can get.

I'd take more crowds in the woods if the state could be flipped.

Trial begins today on Measure 114 regarding firearms and whether it violates the State Constitution. Measure passed by voter approved ballot and is supported by politicians to make firearm ownership restricted.

The 2024 election has a ballot to ban hunting or other activity that harms animals. May sound crazy but 114 sounded crazy too. They kept at it - some faith based leaders and gun control advocates pushed it - and got it approved.

Measure 110 decriminalized drugs. We have open air drug deals and people doing fentanyl in public.

We can blame politicians but the examples above are voter measures.
Agree, we need more conservatives to move here!

One thing I want to say to all the Oregonians who live here on the east side. Measure 114 would NOT have passed if at least 75% of registered voters east of the cascades would have voted! A friend who was involved in the 114 fight ran the vote tally from the counties east of the cascades...not a good turnout. A big proportion of the voters on the east side didn't even vote! I get so ****ed when I hear all the complaining about how the west side controls everything yet they didn't even take the time to make their voices heard.

Sorry, hijack over.

Rest assured if I end up in Oregon you can count on my vote. The great populated north of my current state runs everything. It's a travesty.

A big proportion of the voters on the east side didn't even vote! I get so ****ed when I hear all the complaining about how the west side controls everything yet they didn't even take the time to make their voices heard.
That's enough to pess off the Pope, but unfortunately it happens all over.

If you ask people if they voted and the response starts out "Well, I....." just shut them down.
If you didn't vote, you can't betch. Zero exceptions.

^^ Exactly. I've been in Idaho most of my life. It and the rest of the West are not at all what they used to be. The influx of people has changed everything about it. The acceleration toward becoming homogenous and overrun is well underway. And the hunting pressure in Idaho has absolutely exploded. Surface poops and TP left behind are becoming more and more common just like trails turned into roads by OHV's and pristine fields turned into new campsites by ignorant campers (often hunters). It is quickly being loved to death by people that have no idea how or interest in taking care of public land. Still, for many people coming from crappier places they think it's awesome, while having no idea how different it was even just 10 years ago. Where I live, we've had Californians coming here since they put the first chairlift in 80+ years ago. In the last few years it's become mostly Texans as they have apparently filled up CO now. You can pick on places where people come from, but the bottom line is there are just too many people. But that's a conversation about breeding and over-population and that's something that we cannot discuss in this country. I digress. Living surrounded by public land, I get to see it everyday. I know I'm blessed, but sometimes it feels like a curse seeing how stupid people are when it comes to taking care of public land. Enjoy your move and hope you find your field of dreams out here.
Move back to Mexico-North. The blue state and stay there. Where my family came from was a very small town in Mexico-North. It was a great town then. (1000 or so) Now it's 120,000 os so. I wish they would all move back to where they came from. I now hale from Montana. Hunted a great number of states. I see the pig that camp there and here. All you will find after I leave a camp site is maybe a fire ring, tire tracks. Everything that can't be burned is hauled out. No glass bottles or can left behind. I or we generally use an existing camp site, and not create a new one. Genberally I or we have to clean up the camp site to start with. A lot of those places left dirtyt are not out-of-staters either, but from that state they live in.