What is it with dweebs on YouTube?

I'll save you 8 minutes of BS, just start at 8:00 and watch this tool bag exaggerate the recoil and lift the rifle after it has already recoiled. I thought he might have rolled back on his foot or something from a bad position after the first shot so paid closer attention… NOPE. Was hoping it was a joke to be funny but in the comments he says it was real 😂

:D At least he "dialed his scope in" before he absorbed the massive recoil from that land cannon he's sportin.

I think it may be a hydraulic recoil pad with F350 coil springs, or... he has the nervous system of a Brontosaurus and it takes time for his brain to react to the recoil, I'm going with the Brontosaurus. He didn't edit his video and if he did, Cecil B DeMille is rolling over in his grave. 😫 Just a thought. Cheers

I'll save you 8 minutes of BS, just start at 8:00 and watch this tool bag exaggerate the recoil and lift the rifle after it has already recoiled. I thought he might have rolled back on his foot or something from a bad position after the first shot so paid closer attention… NOPE. Was hoping it was a joke to be funny but in the comments he says it was real 😂

Plan: "boom, pause for effect, raise barrel, look surprised, repeat!"

My solution is I don't watch them. I get most of my knowledge from experience or from reading well written articles, or picking the brains of this forum.

I bet that guy is a real "Lady's Man, as he looks like a wild and crazy guy".
A rifleman,no! But what catches a woman's fancy is unpredictable.

I personally know this "dweeb" and know that he is better informed than many (I'm not saying most) who follow long range shooting. But the "recoil" in the video is ridiculous! The anticipation of this "recoil" could also have affected his group size.

Last edited:

I have a friend, we used to shoot together, targets only. He loves shooting my .338LM.
Last time I noticed he did not have it tucked in and held against his shoulder. I mentioned it to him.
He said a few choice words, I will only repeat these, "I know what I am doing".
He then yanked the trigger, jumped up, chucked "my" rifle on the table, and yelled, "I am never shooting that rifle again".
Okay with me. Because you will never throw my rifle again.
Funny thing. He doesn't go shooting or ask to go shooting with me anymore.

While I agree that the "exaggerated" recoil is cringe worthy, the guy is actually fairly knowledgeable. After reading some of the comments on here it's apparent that what he was demonstrating was missed. It wasn't about the cartridges used. It was in response to comments about the ethics of long range hunting. He was showing that with good equipment and practice it's possible to shoot as well at long distance as it is at "normal" hunting distances and methods.