Talk me into or out of buying a suppressor, please.

It was 15 month to get a suppressor. About as stupid as can be. You can buy a rifle, pistol, shotgun over the counter and fill out the 4473 form. After a few minutes and approved, you walk out the door with the firearm and ammo to shoot.
With a suppressor you have to get a barrel threaded, order out the suppressor. Unless your barrel is threaded that suppressor is worthless to you except for a paper weight or club. You generally don't get a rifle with a threaded muzzles inplace. Even if you going to purchased a suppressor. That can take a few months to start with.
Everybody needs to write their Congressman and Senator about this. The law needs to be changed. PERIOD!
I also read about how heavy our or your rifle is, and adding a suppressor just adds to that. Longer and harder to get through the bush. Hunting large animals I don't see the benefit in it. "One shot one kill" works the best in my books. I can see where it takes more than one shot, but that not GOOD. I can see buck fever can come into play, and it has with me. Not very often, but it does. Better to slow down and make that shot count, or let it walk away.

At one time atf operated this way, but it didn't last. I had 3 cans approved at one time that were submitted over a 6mo period.
I know, I've been doing this almost 20 years now at the rate of 3-4 a year. I just wish they would go back to this because I have something like 6 cans and 2 sbr's pending form 4's right now. I would just like them all to clear at the same time for once.

Hearing loss is really a terrible thing. I've been shooting tor 54 years and always had really good hearing. Four years ago I was treated for throat cancer and the radiation took a heavy toll on that ability to hear well. You won't ever know what a blessing it is to hear well. I haven't been shooting since those treatments and have been reading as much as I can about suppressors as the possible solution for retaining what hearing I have left. I'm older than most of you folks reading this, and I'd like to go hunting again with my son.

Hearing loss is really a terrible thing. I've been shooting tor 54 years and always had really good hearing. Four years ago I was treated for throat cancer and the radiation took a heavy toll on that ability to hear well. You won't ever know what a blessing it is to hear well. I haven't been shooting since those treatments and have been reading as much as I can about suppressors as the possible solution for retaining what hearing I have left. I'm older than most of you folks reading this, and I'd like to go hunting again with my son.
The longer you wait the later in life you will receive it (tax stamp). That piece of advice finally dawned on me.