Swarovski X5i vs SB Exos vs NF NX8 vs Zeiss V6

I have the NX8 4x32. I have it on my 6.5 PRC Savage Ultralight. The combination of the two makes for a very light set up. I have the Tremor 3 FFP reticle on my NX8. Some people think it's too busy a reticle to hunt with, but I like it. The scope is great but its Nightforce so it's not cheap. I will say this, I have two TRACT Optics scopes that are outstanding for the money. As good as my Nightforce scopes. They are a relatively new company, and they have a line of scopes made for hunting. My scopes are long range tactical PRS type and are outstanding. The glass is made in Germany and is really good glass. The price is outstanding, and they give a really good discount if you have prior military or Police. Anyway, good luck on your hunt for glass!
Tract optic are made in Japan not Germany

I have an NX8 4-32 and an NXS 2.5-10x42. The NX8 is a great optic all around and the glass is better to my eye. But the NXS is only 20 oz and is a really good optic, which I like whole
Lot.

No experience with the others.

I am a big game outfitter in Northwest Colorado and in west Texas. I have several Nightforce NX-8's and am actually at my Colorado ranch as I write this. Have been up here testing rifles and optics the past 2 weeks at the exact same spots we elk hunt at. I was testing various calibers and optics for long range and 2 of the rifles I brought with me have Nightforce NX-8 4-32 MOAR reticles on them. I also tested Nightforce ATACR's and Leupold Mark 5's, as well as the Swarovski X-5. The X-5 has the best low light image, BUT the NX-8 seems to track just as well as even the ATACR in our testing the last 2 weeks. On my lightweight rifles I will run the NX-8 from now on. They are tough, and will track correctly every single time. It's NX-8 all the way for me from now on if your putting it on a lightweight rifle build; the 2 I just tested were both on 300 PRC's tested at various ranges all the way to 1,330 yards under field shooting conditions at actual hunting spots.

How do you like the FFP for hunting? I'm really on the fence about that. I have 1 NX8 4-32 in FFP and 1 in SFP, and for the most part I prefer the SFP. I struggle with the small reticle at lower power. I know the illumination helps, but I do a lot of stalking so I keep the magnification low most of the time because you never know when you might walk up on something close. The moa at half power (16) and full power(32) on the reticle is really nice, but that's not an option on the 2.5-20.
I have not had any issues hunting with FFP. I also keep them at the lowest power setting while hunting and just dial up power if necessary for longer shots. I have not found it necessary to use the illumination for the low power settings. It basically is similar to a duplex reticle with a very fine center. You can't easily see the numbers or count the hash marks on the reticle at the lowest settings, but then, that's not really necessary - you can see the center cross, and that's all that's necessary for quick, close up shots. 3 weeks ago, I shot a really nice Nyala in SA at 256 yds. We were hunting in very thick cover and we saw him cross through a small opening on the opposite hillside. My PH glassed him and told me I needed to hurry and get on him, because he was a special one. No time to range or dial scope, but I knew he was probably inside 300 yards, so just threw the rifle on the sticks, held on the shoulder, and pulled the trigger. Didn't even realize until after the shot that my scope was still on the lowest power setting. Sometimes, I think I shoot better at the lower setting, because I'm not worried about the small degree of movement in the scope that you notice at the higher magnification....

I have not had any issues hunting with FFP. I also keep them at the lowest power setting while hunting and just dial up power if necessary for longer shots. I have not found it necessary to use the illumination for the low power settings. It basically is similar to a duplex reticle with a very fine center. You can't easily see the numbers or count the hash marks on the reticle at the lowest settings, but then, that's not really necessary - you can see the center cross, and that's all that's necessary for quick, close up shots. 3 weeks ago, I shot a really nice Nyala in SA at 256 yds. We were hunting in very thick cover and we saw him cross through a small opening on the opposite hillside. My PH glassed him and told me I needed to hurry and get on him, because he was a special one. No time to range or dial scope, but I knew he was probably inside 300 yards, so just threw the rifle on the sticks, held on the shoulder, and pulled the trigger. Didn't even realize until after the shot that my scope was still on the lowest power setting. Sometimes, I think I shoot better at the lower setting, because I'm not worried about the small degree of movement in the scope that you notice at the higher magnification....
That's a great point on the magnification! This may surprise you, but I can overthink things, which is what I was doing here. Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but all Kahles scopes are ffp with 34 tubes 56 bells. Swarovski are sfp with 30mm tubes 50 bells. You don't hear much on Huskemaw at least I haven't. Any on hear can say more on the Huskies

I compared one side by side with my Swarovski z5 5-25X52 outside the store with one of their employees. Both of us could not tell any difference in the glass when viewing an eye chart about three blocks away.

Looking for opinions: I currently have a SB Exos 3x21 which I really want to love, but am struggling with the bulk and lack of elevation travel. I have had it on a 6.5 PRC with 22" bbl and AG Comp Alpine Hunter stock and it was too top heavy/unbalanced. Weight is also a factor, but not my primary care. I am having a custom 28 Nosler built for a "lighter" elk hunting rifle that will also get a decent amount of range time. Rifle will land in the high 6-low 7lb range with a 24" CF barrel. I would like to stay +/- 9.5lbs (or less) with optics and 11oz suppressor, but am more concerned with a balanced rifle that "carries" well. I have a Zeiss V6 that has great glass, turrets, and weight, but am not really excited about the thick reticle lines and lack of illumination. I like the glass, illuminated reticle, and weight of my Swaro Z6, but I would like a turret with numbers I can dial vs the BT. Right now my top choices are a NF NX8 in 2.5-20 or the Swaro X5i (That is currently on sale for $2200). Any experience with these scopes or other options would be appreciated. I have been a big fan of Swaro, but not sure why the X5i is discounted so heavily (33%). I am also a fan of the NF, and have a 4x32. Just looking for something less bulky. Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling!
I own 2 Swarovski and a zeiss diavari I like the zeiss to me better glass and light transfer weights are close to the same