Shooting in Colorado

Hello everyone, new to the site and to long range.shooting. I am south of Littleton and would be interested in meeting up with others as well.

Might be cool to get a few shooters together for a meet. IHOP or something would be awesome. There would be no end to my grief for going to Hooters... Even if I was in another country on another continent with no good place to get wings. lol

theres is defiantly a lot of interest in a meet up. when do PD's start to show themselves, or can you shoot them all year.
im really keen to hang out and spot for people and take the odd shot. would love to shoot some paper or steel to. would like to learn from more experienced people and start shooting past 500m.
i have the week days off and will be in colorado springs until june. PM me if you want a spotter :D
cheers
rob

**** on the late reply mate, im in the Yukon, Canada now. would have been fun though. cheers
ps. you should contact some of the others in the area

There looks to be a good number of shooters in the north eastern Colorado area that would be interested in getting together from what I've read in this thread. Has anyone attempted to organize anything or have any of you met up yet? Let the rest of us know how it went and if you are planning to do it again.

I'm in Drake and would definitely be interested in meeting up to learn and practice long range seriously. I haven't shot longer than 500 since the military and then only out to 800m. I've been out to Pawnee but never shot more than a few hundred yards there. The Northern Colorado Rod and Gun Club has a range out to 508 yds but it is private. I have submitted my info there many times over the years via email and have never heard back from them on becoming a member. Admittedly I have not been the least bit aggressive about finding out why. I have been to the range as a guest of other members though and it is a perfect set up for practicing shots out to 508 yards in a "high-country" type setting with uphill shots at the longest targets (pics on their website). I usually sight-in and practice to 200 yrd at my family's place east of Greeley on 80 acres.

I'm going to get after the R&G Club as 500 yrd is still plenty good practice for me, especially with my T3. I plan to invest in a good long range gun this year but am still researching. It must be a packable elk hunting rifle, not a just paper puncher. Anyway...PM or email, or start posting here if we want to try to organize a shoot...I'm in.
Hey, this post is a couple of years old but thought I'd give you a try. If your in Drake your right down the road from me. I'm in Estes.
I'm actually new to the long range game, and am looking for someone nearby thats into long range shooting. I do a lot of shooting, but am looking for places to do it, and someone with a little experience.
I'm shooting a custom built 300 RUM that I got a couple months ago, and have a custom 7mm STW being built right now. Should be done in April. 3more months. I'm in load development on my RUM, and will be soon using the RUM as my backup gun. If your interested in at least meeting up and talking about it PM me. I'm doing a high country bull hunt this yr in unit 66, and want to be sure I'm ready for the long shots I'm likely to have.
Anyway, I do it all. I do a lot of goose hunting between Greeley and Kersey. I've hammered the geese this year. Almost getting tired of shooting them. lol ! Being so close, I'd like to talk about it and maybe get out for a shoot if your up for that

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts