Shooting in Colorado

I have shot at the Grasslands, 1000 yards several times theres a pretty good spot or 2 in the same little area. Are there many pdogs out on the grasslands? if so on which roads? i have a map. Thanks!

I have been out there but only once. I seen antelope but havent seen pdogs(just wasnt looking for them got there at 5 30am) I know i seen some pdogs towns along the way out to sterling travling from fort collins and heading south on hwy 71 from hwy 14 but just dont want to drive that far. I will be making another trip back to pawnee (need to get some drop charts for my new savage 7rem mag for long range shoots). Hoepfully build some data on how it shoots at a 1000yd. i have got a xr100 that i will be using for pdogs and need to do some work with that as well. Right now im in hold pattern, i wainting for a scope for both one in the repair shop the other on backorder. Need to get my main gun done before my colorado goat hunt in sept/oct in g17 gun)

There looks to be a good number of shooters in the north eastern Colorado area that would be interested in getting together from what I've read in this thread. Has anyone attempted to organize anything or have any of you met up yet? Let the rest of us know how it went and if you are planning to do it again.

I'm in Drake and would definitely be interested in meeting up to learn and practice long range seriously. I haven't shot longer than 500 since the military and then only out to 800m. I've been out to Pawnee but never shot more than a few hundred yards there. The Northern Colorado Rod and Gun Club has a range out to 508 yds but it is private. I have submitted my info there many times over the years via email and have never heard back from them on becoming a member. Admittedly I have not been the least bit aggressive about finding out why. I have been to the range as a guest of other members though and it is a perfect set up for practicing shots out to 508 yards in a "high-country" type setting with uphill shots at the longest targets (pics on their website). I usually sight-in and practice to 200 yrd at my family's place east of Greeley on 80 acres.

I'm going to get after the R&G Club as 500 yrd is still plenty good practice for me, especially with my T3. I plan to invest in a good long range gun this year but am still researching. It must be a packable elk hunting rifle, not a just paper puncher. Anyway...PM or email, or start posting here if we want to try to organize a shoot...I'm in.

hey guys. just found this thread. i just got into colorado springs from New zealand. looking for some people to shoot with. even just to help long range shooting just to get better at it. just pm me.
ps. i dont have a rifle here.
cheers

Roughly 100 miles from you is my favorite 1000 yard range at Byers, CO

Colorado Rifle Club > Home

The Colorado Rifle Club holds 1000yd IBS matches and Highpower matches as well as some Black powder long range shooting. If you will be around next summer and are interested in trying 1000yd Benchrest let me know and I'll see if we can get something worked out.
You don't need to be a member to shoot at the matches.

There is also a 1000 yd range at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM.

NRA Whittington Center - High Power Rifle Range

James

hey James
i will be around in summer and would be very interested in shooting to 1000yrd. have never shot past 500. and that was just me hitting rocks.
thanks
rob

hey James
i will be around in summer and would be very interested in shooting to 1000yrd. have never shot past 500. and that was just me hitting rocks.
thanks
rob
Rob,
I wasn't sure if you were just her on holiday or what. The first BR match of the year isn't until April 17. Keep in touch and I'll be sure to have something there for you to shoot. It's kind of intimidating when you first look from the firing line down to the targets but it gets a lot easier when you start shooting.

James

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts