Sheep hunting Boot recommendations

I bought some kenetrek and they feel great. Havnt hit weather that warranted them yet so they have been sitting. I usually wear the lightest softest boots I'm willing to put up with so I havnt gotten a chance to really put them to the test but I know they won't need much break in. All I got, I'm probably the opposite of most guys I probably push boots past their intended purpose cause I like light feet. I was a pre Madonna in the usmc as well, always with lowas. Another company I trust.

I wear whites boots for climbing poles at work , never really thought about them for sheep hunting , however that's a great idea , ill check them out as whites have never let me down at work !
Lol Yea I wear whites smoke jumpers, have for years. These are nothing like them.

B1CA1ACC-B76D-47FB-BD3F-EB115767F2C4.jpeg

Whites Lochsa

I will second the Kenetrek. Climbing through rocks up and down, mine held up great on my sheep hunt. Best boots I have ever owned. Not the lightest option, but great boots.

As others mentioned try a bunch on. There are plenty of good brands to pick from.

After this park of Kenetrek wear out, I will go back to the same well and wouldn't hesitate to get another pair.

Oh, one more think. Think about your sock setup before trying them on. I personally like sock liners so that thickens the setup a little more.
Great addition on the socks. Decide and buy your sock routine and make sure your boots sizes appropriately for same.

Kenetrek is my favorite and have used them exclusively for last 6 years. Liked my Mendals but had two pair come apart. Been wearing Whites for work for over 40 years but have not tried anything other than the fire boot. My son is using Zamberlan and had a great experience covering many miles in AK chasing caribou.

Kenetreks, top line meindls. just find somewhere that has a few different to try on. I have worn Kenetreks for 8 years. Just got a new pair last month...Find what fits best. Last time sheep hunting, a gentleman had a pair of boots that had scree spikes that flipped down from under his heel. Gave more traction for the decent...not sure what they were but coming down hill with a pack on, more traction isn't a bad idea...

Over a decade of sheep hunts I have used Meindel, Zamberlain, Lowa, and Chrispi boots. All have been great although some fit my feet better than others. You need a heavier boot for a backpack hunt over one that you might be riding horses. (more weight you carry the sturdier the boot requirement. Most sheep hunts are in rocks that eat up boots. Our NWT backpack guide went through 3 pair of Kenetreks in one season because they didn't hold up for him. (Just reporting what he said).
One possible recommendation: On our last sheep hunt my son ordered 10 different boots online, tried them all on and walked around the house in them for a week. Then he chose the one he liked the most and sent the rest back. Most online companies have free return policies which made it real easy for him to evaluate all of the brands he had an interest in.
If you have the funds, Lathrop and Sons will custom fit you into a boot that will fit your foot the best, but it's not cheap. I have really short wide feet and I have a terrible time finding the right boot. They helped me a lot.
Best of luck. Sheep hunts are expensive so paying a little extra for the right boot could pay big dividends.

Thanks for the help guys , I don't have a problem paying big money for the right boots ! I'm going to do some more research on the lanthrop and sons, custom fit seems nice !
You won't regret it! They've got their "L&S" Boot(s), but also Sell/Fit Lowa, Zamberlan, Scarpa, Salomon, Danner, Lacrosse, and Hanwag. They recommended Brooks (Beast) Shoes for my everyday; and back in my Private Security Days, got me fitted in a Danner. I personally have their L&S Mountain Hunter…and adjust the Socks accordingly 👍🏻