Self Portrait?

God sent me an amazing teacher. During the divorce I was not allowed to go anywhere with my twins. I had to be supervised and Ed pushed through to lead the pack. They were only 5 years old, and I so wanted to take them fishing but couldn't, or could I? Bought a large rigid plastic wading pool, maybe 8 foot across and almost two feet deep. Found a guy who supplied a local park with pond raised Bluegill. Added some brush to one end, a pond pump for aeration, even some large crawdads to keep it clean. A few years ago, one of my twins asked me to make them Christmas gifts...took a year. I call them "Keepsake boxes" as they are a bit large to be jewelry boxes. To open them requires knowing what trim to manipulate, there isn't a visible lock. In the lids, I varnished in pictures to personalize them. I attached images of my twins boxes. Ed took the pictures. Eventually, the twins figured it out for themselves. They will be 30 this year and they still remember that day. Made possible by my friend.
I must be getting sappy as I get older, or my allergies just kicked in. Those are priceless.

God sent me an amazing teacher. During the divorce I was not allowed to go anywhere with my twins. I had to be supervised and Ed pushed through to lead the pack. They were only 5 years old, and I so wanted to take them fishing but couldn't, or could I? Bought a large rigid plastic wading pool, maybe 8 foot across and almost two feet deep. Found a guy who supplied a local park with pond raised Bluegill. Added some brush to one end, a pond pump for aeration, even some large crawdads to keep it clean. A few years ago, one of my twins asked me to make them Christmas gifts...took a year. I call them "Keepsake boxes" as they are a bit large to be jewelry boxes. To open them requires knowing what trim to manipulate, there isn't a visible lock. In the lids, I varnished in pictures to personalize them. I attached images of my twins boxes. Ed took the pictures. Eventually, the twins figured it out for themselves. They will be 30 this year and they still remember that day. Made possible by my friend.
Where there's a will, there's a way! I'm sure they will cherish those memories for life!