Self Portrait?

Muddyboots

98CC968C-910C-4555-BDFB-929652A197A0.jpeg

My criteria for a friend is someone who you call in the middle of the night and say I need help! They don't ask what's wrong , just say I'm heading your way as soon as you tell me where you are and what I need to bring!
Similarly, a real friend is someone who calls and says they need $$$$ NOW and you give it to them knowing they are not trying to scam you and really need it. (I hope I said that right.)

I can only think of two or three friends that fit that description and that I will go to the wall for.

Full disclosure: I also had one 'friend' who I went to the wall for and who subsequently fell off the face of the earth. To this day I want to believe he wasn't scamming me and circumstances beyond his control happened.

Years ago, at the beginning of an ugly divorce, I was accused of a heinous act. That was all it took. I went from believing I had many friends to less than the fingers on one hand. I was even told by one person they would not risk guilt by association. They didn't believe the accusation, but someone might, so you are on your own.

A true friend is someone who comes into your life, says "I am here for you" and then proves it. Full stop.

Friends are defined by their actions, my best bud passed 1/13/23 that I know would go to bat either direction.

You just know it and feel the connection. Its extremely special when you have one or more that will come running.

No matter what you say stays between you as a confident and supporter.

Treasure them, not many are in this category.

Friends are defined by their actions, my best bud passed 1/13/23 that I know would go to bat either direction.

You just know it and feel the connection. Its extremely special when you have one or more that will come running.

No matter what you say stays between you as a confident and supporter.

Treasure them, not many are in this category.
Sorry for your loss. I lost my best friend over a decade ago. He had a son, and whenever he has asked for help, I came running. A few times I got there before he could ask.

You sir, reflect a true friend.
God sent me an amazing teacher. During the divorce I was not allowed to go anywhere with my twins. I had to be supervised and Ed pushed through to lead the pack. They were only 5 years old, and I so wanted to take them fishing but couldn't, or could I? Bought a large rigid plastic wading pool, maybe 8 foot across and almost two feet deep. Found a guy who supplied a local park with pond raised Bluegill. Added some brush to one end, a pond pump for aeration, even some large crawdads to keep it clean. A few years ago, one of my twins asked me to make them Christmas gifts...took a year. I call them "Keepsake boxes" as they are a bit large to be jewelry boxes. To open them requires knowing what trim to manipulate, there isn't a visible lock. In the lids, I varnished in pictures to personalize them. I attached images of my twins boxes. Ed took the pictures. Eventually, the twins figured it out for themselves. They will be 30 this year and they still remember that day. Made possible by my friend.

Attachments

• IMG_1240.JPG
    IMG_1240.JPG
    715.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1242.JPG
    IMG_1242.JPG
    606.2 KB · Views: 51