Reloder 26 Availability For 6.5 PRC

It"s not surprising that there is s shortage of R26. It's clearly been touted as the "super-powder" which creates high demand. Similar powder(as well as other component) shortages have occurred over the years, with social media playing a big role in creating the "run" on a particular powder. For example, H4350 was in short supply for an extended period, driven by it being heavily labeled the "sweetheart" powder for the 6.5CM. Availability seems much better now.. The shortage issue gets compounded by a fear factor that can lead to shooters stockpiling. This in particular makes the manufacturers production planning process more difficult, taking more time to stabilize product supply. IMO.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why there is a shortage of Reloder 26? I finally have some 6.5 PRC brass and want to begin working up a load using Hornady 143 ELDx bullets. Does anyone have any load data using other powders?
I contacted Alliant powders about this very question about a week ago.... where is the RL26? Their email first reminded me that RL26 is made in Sweden, I believe, and then went on to say that the demand has outstripped their production capabilities and deliveries are made on a "first come-first served" basis. I have had a back order in for this powder for almost 6 months and I'm about ready to cancel it. This smacks of the same situation we had with H4350 a while back. Couldn't find it anywhere for a couple of years and now everybody has it in stock. Kind of a crummy way to sell powder---first it's introduced and everybody stocks it then nobody has it or has seen any for at least 6 months.

I have about 12 lbs left sitting in my parents gun room. It will be awhile before I start reloading again. Got stationed in Japan and everything went to storage.

I put a post up 2 1/2 weeks ago about RL26 and I guess nobody believed me? I bought 3lbs off the shelf at Texas Girls Gun shop in Liberty Hill, TX. At the time they still had 5lbs left. Good luck.

I put a post up 2 1/2 weeks ago about RL26 and I guess nobody believed me? I bought 3lbs off the shelf at Texas Girls Gun shop in Liberty Hill, TX. At the time they still had 5lbs left. Good luck.
I just got on this forum over the weekend, must have missed your post. Thanks for the heads up. I just looked on the map and as much as I'd like to try some 26 it is an 11 hour round trip for me to get to Liberty Hills and back.

to bad you are down in Texas... I've got a pound and a half of rl26 I'm not using... I was playing with it in a barrel I own that's currently not on an action...
You still have that RL26. I'm in Texas and would like to get ahold of some.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts