Reloder 26 Availability For 6.5 PRC

Tatsnscoots

Does anyone know why there is a shortage of Reloder 26? I finally have some 6.5 PRC brass and want to begin working up a load using Hornady 143 ELDx bullets. Does anyone have any load data using other powders?

I have spoken with a large retail store that has more powder available than any place I have seen and they say July it should be back on shelves FWIW.
Oh and I have two Big Foot furs in the freezer... just waiting for the fur market to go back up.

https://press.hornady.com/assets/site/hornady/files/load-data/6.5-prc-v2.pdf
Thanks for the link, I've been looking at this and wanted to try to push these as fast as safely possible. I've only been reloading for a year so I try to play it on the safe side and follow published loads to a "t".

For top end speed Reloder 26 is your huckleberry. I tried Reloder 25 by the way and got so-so results.
H1000 is a solid choice and as of recently I have played with N165 which works well but still you will be down on velocity. One powder that I think would work well that I have not seen used yet is 4000MR.

You should find an accuracy node between 57 and 59 grains of H1000 with 143s or 147s.

For top end speed Reloder 26 is your huckleberry. I tried Reloder 25 by the way and got so-so results.
H1000 is a solid choice and as of recently I have played with N165 which works well but still you will be down on velocity. One powder that I think would work well that I have not seen used yet is 4000MR.
Thanks for the heads up on the RL25. I thought about trying some but think I will hold out for 26.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.