Reloder 26 Availability For 6.5 PRC

Thanks for the link, I've been looking at this and wanted to try to push these as fast as safely possible. I've only been reloading for a year so I try to play it on the safe side and follow published loads to a "t".
I have a updated version of the file!!!

Attachments

• 6.5-prc-v4.pdf
    133 KB · Views: 589
it is funny you ask a question but you don't get many answers just people telling what else works for them pretty needless for the most part.i don't have that answer either I know it is made in Switzerland unlike their other powders. but that doesn't help either.

Does anyone know why there is a shortage of Reloder 26? I finally have some 6.5 PRC brass and want to begin working up a load using Hornady 143 ELDx bullets. Does anyone have any load data using other powders?
OK, who bagged this critter?
20190506_215147.jpg

I'm beginning to think Retumbo may be a quick solution, a friend has some extra that he bought and will likely not use.

Last edited:
My best groups with H1000 and the 143 ELDX came at 58-59grs. I'm getting avg 3097fps (26 in barrel) and 0.4 MOA from this powder bullet combo.
Awesome, thanks! My options locally for powder are very minimal, but I will see if I can find any. At least that gives me a place to start!

I'm beginning to think Retumbo may be a quick solution, a friend has some extra that he bought and will likely not use.

Yes, ... not "a" solution but "the" solution. You'll probably hit a node around 57 gr. Really likes Horndaddy or Bergers.

Yes, ... not "a" solution but "the" solution. You'll probably hit a node around 57 gr. Really likes Horndaddy or Bergers.
Are you shooting a custom rifle? My wife bought me a Ruger Hawkeye Long Range one PRC. I had plans to have one built but she knew I was interested in the caliber and picked it up at a gun shop when she was out of town on business.

Are you shooting a custom rifle? My wife bought me a Ruger Hawkeye Long Range one PRC. I had plans to have one built but she knew I was interested in the caliber and picked it up at a gun shop when she was out of town on business.

Yes.

Does anyone know why there is a shortage of Reloder 26? I finally have some 6.5 PRC brass and want to begin working up a load using Hornady 143 ELDx bullets. Does anyone have any load data using other powders?
to bad you are down in Texas... I've got a pound and a half of rl26 I'm not using... I was playing with it in a barrel I own that's currently not on an action...

to bad you are down in Texas... I've got a pound and a half of rl26 I'm not using... I was playing with it in a barrel I own that's currently not on an action...
I appreciate it, looks like I may get some a pound or Retumbo and H1000 and try both.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.