Ream up 7mm-08 to 284win

WSM or RSAUM will require the proper magazine box and follower, or a d b magazine conversion. Feed rail work, if using an internal box magazine, as they are larger in diameter. A conversion only doable if it's a 700 or a maybe a Savage. We're a spendin' now!

The goal is to get a tang safety stainless woods "work" rifle, chambered in 284win

The Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker is a good prospect. I like the 60 degree bolt lift but this guns limited to 2.800" so the only upgrade I would get over what I got now is the SS over blued.

Short action for me for ergonomics, I'm not a big guy 5'6" and a LA gun is just too big for me physically

A 165gr @ 2800 is about my limit on tolerable recoil.

Maybe the Ruger M77 tang safety, but that's a wood gun and blued. Theres several mentions on here where guys have had the rifles modified to take 3.100" COAL

I already have brass on hand for 284win and don't see a need for more power in my application

I have had my best centerfire groups with 284win. I like it!

The goal is to get a tang safety stainless woods "work" rifle, chambered in 284win

The Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker is a good prospect. I like the 60 degree bolt lift but this guns limited to 2.800" so the only upgrade I would get over what I got now is the SS over blued.

Short action for me for ergonomics, I'm not a big guy 5'6" and a LA gun is just too big for me physically

A 165gr @ 2800 is about my limit on tolerable recoil.

Maybe the Ruger M77 tang safety, but that's a wood gun and blued. Theres several mentions on here where guys have had the rifles modified to take 3.100" COAL

I already have brass on hand for 284win and don't see a need for more power in my application

I have had my best centerfire groups with 284win. I like it!
The longer mag box thing is limited to Rem 700 and maybe Win 70 for upgrade. Wyatts Outdoors makes those boxes and followers. There's just not much aftermarket for the 77 or Browning rifles.

Look at the 7mm SAW. It's like a 7mm ackley but from the stated velocitys and bullets weights it seem to run faster from what I've red on the internet. No first hand experience but it's made me think a lot about what my on 7-08 could be. It's seems pretty impressive.

Look at the 7mm SAW. It's like a 7mm ackley but from the stated velocitys and bullets weights it seem to run faster from what I've red on the internet. No first hand experience but it's made me think a lot about what my on 7-08 could be. It's seems pretty impressive.
Unfortunately, the SAW does not run faster than my 7 mm 08 Ackley improved. USING BOTH SMALL RIFLE PRIMER BRASS I GET ABOUT 75 FT./S FASTER IN THE SAW OVER A PLAIN JANE 7 MM 08. I GET ABOUT 125 FT./S FASTER WITH MY 7 MM 08 ACKLEY IMPROVED.

That's good to know. My standard 7-08 running a 168 is only getting 2680fps I forget if it's 24 or 22 inch. But that's also a max load that it shot well. The hornady 150 ELDX ran 2750 and shoot really well in it. So at some point I plan on trying to just reproduce this or get a little more and call it a day.