Rangefinders: Sig Kilo 2000, Bushnell Elite 1 mile CONX, or Vortex Ranger 1500

letrbuck

Looking to pick up my first rangefinder. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I've been looking at these 3 based on what I've read on this site, others, and talking to a few people I know. So far the Vortex is the only one I've actually been able to handle. Seems to have lesser features than the Bushnell or Sig, but is nice and compact.

Rangefinder will be used for hunting and learning to shoot steel at longer ranges (up to 1000, probably wont dive into ELR for a while yet).

Anyone have experience with any of these? Specifically comparative experience? Any input between these 3 would be great! Thanks

Looking to pick up my first rangefinder. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I've been looking at these 3 based on what I've read on this site, others, and talking to a few people I know. So far the Vortex is the only one I've actually been able to handle. Seems to have lesser features than the Bushnell or Sig, but is nice and compact.

Rangefinder will be used for hunting and learning to shoot steel at longer ranges (up to 1000, probably wont dive into ELR for a while yet).

Anyone have experience with any of these? Specifically comparative experience? Any input between these 3 would be great! Thanks

I have one and really like it. It sure is smaller than my Leica 1200 scan. I saw this ad today.

Sig Sauer 7x25 KILO2000 Laser Rangefinder | SWFA

I have the Bushnell 1 mile arc. It is good and ranges consistently. I really like it and it seems to range pretty far on non-reflective targets. It is a bit bulky. I haven't used the Vortex. I have messed around with the Sig and that is the one I'd buy. The Sig seems to return a distance very quickly. The people who own the Sig seem to really like it.

i would go with Sig no questions about it. i have never used/seen the Bushnell model, BUT i have owned/used both Vortex 1000 and 1500, neither of which i still have after getting the Sig Kilo.

i would go with Sig no questions about it. i have never used/seen the Bushnell model, BUT i have owned/used both Vortex 1000 and 1500, neither of which i still have after getting the Sig Kilo.

How does the sig do at archery ranges 10-40yds?

There is a minimum range, maybe 6-10 yards?? (I would have to double check the specs). But ranging 20 yards + is absolutely no problem and not meaning to be a ***, but at 10 yards I'm not using the range finder as I could hold my bow upside down and still hit the target ;-)

But seriously, I'll be out again Friday morning and will range 10 yards (or even closer for that matter) and see what it does, but i already know it will work and would have full confidence that if it says 9 yards..it will be exactly 9 yards

scottyboy let me know how it does, i agree on not needing one under 20yds but i read a review and someone said it was very inconsistent from 10-25 yards. I feel that was just a isolated incident but want to make sure before i pick between the kilo and vortex 1500.

here are my results from this morning (please excuse the terrible picture, it was rather windy and cold this morning, about 15 minutes before sunrise) i ranged the salt lick at 8.5 yards (again, dont pay any attention to where the aim point is in relation to the block :rolleyes:) after the morning sit, i grab a 100ft tape measure and measured at 25' 2. then i ranged a tree at 14 yards and again measured 41' 10 3/4"

overall i would tend to agree that your other reviewer had a lemon/isolated incident as mine seems to be right on.

Attachments

• IMG_2042.jpg
    IMG_2042.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 150
scottyboy, thank you for you insight and testing!

I have one and really like it. It sure is smaller than my Leica 1200 scan. I saw this ad today.

Sig Sauer 7x25 KILO2000 Laser Rangefinder | SWFA

wildcatter, thank you for the link. I ended up talking with someone at SWFA for a while about the kilo2000, and ordered it this morning. 350 seems to be a killer deal for a great LRF

Just got an email from SWFA, the kilo 2000 is currently backordered. Hopefully they get a shipment from Sig soon!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.