OK, a silly 6.5 Creed question, which to buy ?

Well maybe not too silly.
Seriously considering buying a 6.5 Creed factory bolt rifle of some sort. I have a number of
project rifles but I don't want this one to be a project at all. Just buy and shoot, factory ammo even.
No particular goals otherwise.
Rem 700 ?
Tikka ?
Bergara ?
???
I'm being earnest, really ! And hopefully not obnoxious in even asking ! This would be a girlfriend rifle.
Really.
Budget ? I don't know.
Take a look at the Sig Cross in 6.5 . My wife bought me one , with a carbon bipod and the Burris scope it's a tad over 7 lbs with suppressor and 143 grain factory elf-x hornandy rounds -absolute lights out to 600 yards , definitely one of my favorites

Attachments

• IMG_1078.jpeg
    IMG_1078.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 14
I would buy her a ruger american go wild in 6.5 CM they have never let me down in accuracy and you never know how long she will be around so don't spend the extra money until you know she will be ...IMHO

I would buy her a ruger american go wild in 6.5 CM they have never let me down in accuracy and you never know how long she will be around so don't spend the extra money until you know she will be ...IMHO
More good suggestions, Thanks guys. Haven't bought one yet. I wanted to look at a Weatherby Camilla but haven't seen one. I don't think she wants to get too involved
with hunting. One fella made a good point, if she leaves, then I'm "stuck" with it.
(Not really stuck). Savage is a possibility. My neighbor bought a Browning,
I forget which one, he shot various factory loads and was disappointed in groups
so he sold it.

If I was to buy an off the shelf more budget friendly gun I would buy a Savage in whichever 110 config you like. I like the ultralites and varmint variations.

I realize that this thread is about picking out a rifle. But to side track a bit I was wondering everyone's powder of choice for the 6.5 CM with 140's? Thanks
StaBall 65 was Designed FOR, the 6.5 Creed, by Winchester and from, 130 grain min. to 147 grainer's, IT's, the Top pick, for Me and "Thrown" charges, are like, metering Water ( Plus or Minus,.. 1 tenth of, a Grain ). Hogdon HAS,.. Data,.. See Post #30 for My loads, Always "Work Up", CAREFULLY, tho! COAL's of .2.820" to, 2.840" seem BEST, in My Rifle. H-4350 work's well, But it Costs, MUCH More and meters like,..
hardened, Rat Turd's !

Last edited:
Well maybe not too silly.
Seriously considering buying a 6.5 Creed factory bolt rifle of some sort. I have a number of
project rifles but I don't want this one to be a project at all. Just buy and shoot, factory ammo even.
No particular goals otherwise.
Rem 700 ?
Tikka ?
Bergara ?
???
I'm being earnest, really ! And hopefully not obnoxious in even asking ! This would be a girlfriend rifle.
Really.
Budget ? I don't know.
Howa!!!!!!!! A dozen different stock options....deadly accurate out of the box...won't break the bank!

My friend's wife shoots golf balls at 1k with her savage in 6.5 creedmoor. It usually takes her 3 tries when she shoots for that goal. It's a tactical model not sure which one. My own 6.5's both shoot very well sub 3/4 inch 10 shot 200yd groups with 120 amax factory ammo for one and sub inch 10 shot groups also at 200yds with 140eldm hornady match in the other,
For a woman the lady hunter has a reverse comb very similar to the Camela from Weatherby. For a woman both of those are going to be more comfortable add a suppessor or good brake and they will shoot the barrel out for you