OK, a silly 6.5 Creed question, which to buy ?

I picked up a savage Axis a few years ago on sale for $239 after rebate. First 5 shot group was 1" with factory ammo. I bought some brass and started with Varget powder. Groups were 1/2" to 1" with barnes match burner bullets. seemed to like middle of the road recipe with with this bullet and powder. Switched to Sta bil 6.5 and Barnes 127 LRX bullet and stoked up with a full case of powder, groups are under 3/4" nearly all the time. Velocity was 2850 with was right where i wanted it from this gun and caliber and bullet. And this gun is 1/20th of the cost of some of my rifles and shoots just as well. The only work I have done to it is change the trigger pull spring and that took all of 20 minutes.

My Tikka T-3x, W/ 24", NON-Fluted Barrel, Prints, FIVE ( 5 shots ) of, 143 gr. ELD-X hand loads with, THROWN Charges of 43.1 grs of, StaBall 65, into, 5/8 th's of an inch groups @ at, 100 yards.
And using, the 130 gr. ELD-M's ( W/ 43.3 grs StaBall ) into, Sub, 1/2 MOA ( Again, 5 shots ) AND,.. into, the 3's, IF, I'm doing, "My part" on, a "Good Day",.. We have, 4 Tikka's, in My Family and the WORST One is, a 3/4 MOA "Shooter" .

Well my thanks to all of you Gents, I guess I have enough info to chew on.
Unfortunately, if someone is looking for OBJECTIVE side by side comparisons, those are hard to come by. Mostly inquiries of this nature produce responses from fans of a given brand which they own and like, which is understandable. It`s often hard to get input from folks who have owned and shot multiple brands of rifles. It`s not that hard to find a good, reasonably accurate modern day rifle and they run the gamut price wise. Why not " go shopping " and let your girl friend look at and handle several different brands and see which one(s) she likes?

Well my thanks to all of you Gents, I guess I have enough info to chew on.
You have received excellent recommendations. However, it is all about the proper fit for your GF, especially not knowing her build. I am a big Savage fan; check out the Lady Hunter offering.

1709472375176.png

You might also consider Kimber's line.

1709472495060.png

Good luck

I've got a couple questions for the savage guys. I had a model 110 in 243 years ago and it shot great and functioned fine but was like holding a 2x4. A couple years ago a friend bought a axis and had numerous problems with it. I don't want to buy a new 110 if it's just a glorified axis. What exactly are the difference's other than the $500 or so?
I'm not trying to offend anyone that recommended the axis because everyone will have a different take on the same model rifle.

See post 17

I was showing one of those to a customer the other day and almost took it home myself.
My post and this one got me to thinking and I've almost talked myself into this: https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts...dmoor-barreled-action-e15c23e2/?sku=430107690 and this: https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts...-for-vanguardhowa-short-action/?sku=430104888 for me!

FWIW, I have found that a Youth stock with an adjustable cheek-piece can usually be made to fit my petite wife very nicely. Her 10/22 wears a Hogue Youth stock w/o the adjustable cheek-piece and it fits her perfectly.

I've got a couple questions for the savage guys. I had a model 110 in 243 years ago and it shot great and functioned fine but was like holding a 2x4. A couple years ago a friend bought a axis and had numerous problems with it. I don't want to buy a new 110 if it's just a glorified axis. What exactly are the difference's other than the $500 or so?
I'm not trying to offend anyone that recommended the axis because everyone will have a different take on the same model rifle.
I am a big Savage fan and have a few semi-custom builds with 110s/111s LA. I also have 10s/11s, which are still in factory form. I am, however, not a big fan of the Axis. I do not know your definition of glorified, but the 110s are a step up to Axis, a different design.

do a search on here about the Camilla from Weatherby I think it's the only woman's rifle that's truly unique. If possible at least let her shoulder it and see the difference. My wife is not at all a rifle person and I had her try one without telling her why. Her first words were"this fits totally different then any rifle I've used"

Well maybe not too silly.
Seriously considering buying a 6.5 Creed factory bolt rifle of some sort. I have a number of
project rifles but I don't want this one to be a project at all. Just buy and shoot, factory ammo even.
No particular goals otherwise.
Rem 700 ?
Tikka ?
Bergara ?
???
I'm being earnest, really ! And hopefully not obnoxious in even asking ! This would be a girlfriend rifle.
Really.
Budget ? I don't know.
It is a little heavy, but a Bergara HMR mine has a 24 inch barrel, you can take the spacers out and really shorten the LOP. My daughter likes shooting it and can shoot it for hours and mine was very accurate out of the box, through the same whole with a few type of box ammunition.