Nine point dropped with a 444.

The reason for a hard cast flat point is for the penetration, with that polymer tip, I would believe it to mushroom to fast. Not sure though.
And of course they were almost 20 years not invented yet.

Grizzly got amazingly thick fur and heavy bones and a massive amount of sternum/chest to get through. In my case, I figured they were always gonna be coming straight at me or hardly quartered. I never ever figured to get a broadside shot.

Lbt style bullets have proven theirselves for penetration. A massive flat point will penetrate thru bones and tough hide. No problem. This technology is not new. Elmer keith used this technology in the early 20th century. Beartooth bullets has went forward with this knowledge. For big tough critters that want to claw back at you.
Hornady has gotten in the game with the 44 caliber 265 grain controlled expansion.bullet Great bullet. Any case that holds near 60 grains of powder in a large caliber with proper bullets will work. The 405 win. Has taken many animals through out the world. Theodore Roosevelt used it on safari in the early 1900's.

Can't believe that some States/Counties restrict cartridges to hunt Deer like ML, Shotguns, Straight wall cartridges.
Where is there any scientific data (which the liberals go for) showing the reason for these restrictions?
That is why we don't live in those States.
It all comes down to the people that live in a State and the representees that make the laws!

Fortunately/unfortunately its baby steps. The straight wall cartridges are big steps forward compared to slugs and MLs. I suspect in MI that we will be able to use centerfire rifles in the "limited firearms" section of the state on private land in the foreseeable future. This is what IN has done with success.

In my world, a centerfire rifle wouldn't make any meaningful difference. All my shots are under 160 yards (most 70-110) and my 45 Raptor is a beast out to a a conservative 250+ yards. But I wish that could have saved some cash and used my 308 or 35 rem.
Politicians ruin everything.

Last edited:

Recent Posts