Cheyenne's 'Laramie County' complex only goes to 600 yards if I remember. It has indoor and outdoor pistol ranges, archery, and clays. We were there in the winter so used the indoor pistol range. Very nice.

If I were the OP and being in Laramie, I would join that one, they have 11 ranges in the Canyon section all the way to 1000 yards. Never been there since it was built. When I was in my 20's we used to go that way shooting for fun when we had ammo and time, and sight in for hunting.

Last edited:
Cheyenne's 'Laramie County' complex only goes to 600 yards if I remember. It has indoor and outdoor pistol ranges, archery, and clays. We were there in the winter so used the indoor pistol range. Very nice.

If were the OP and being in Laramie, I would join that one, they have 11 ranges in the Canyon section all the way to 1000 yards. Never been there since it was built. When I was in my 20's we used to go that way shooting for fun when we had ammo and time, and sight in hunting.
The Laramie Rifle Range has a wood burning stove in the 100 yrd range for those cold days and the 1000 yrd range is setup nice and safe. I may try my hand at one of there long range matches in a couple weeks.

I'm a transplant myself. Moved out here to the N.W. corner on the state right at 20 yrs ago now. We are loosing our nice quiet little chunk of Heaven to city slickers trying to change us. On the way into the town of Cody (Wy) there's a big billboard that says 'DON'T CALIFRONIA OUR CODY".. I live 15 miles from any town so it really dont effect me all that much yet. Times are changing thats for sure. Anyway, welcome to Wyoming.

I'm a transplant myself. Moved out here to the N.W. corner on the state right at 20 yrs ago now. We are loosing our nice quiet little chunk of Heaven to city slickers trying to change us. On the way into the town of Cody (Wy) there's a big billboard that says 'DON'T CALIFRONIA OUR CODY".. I live 15 miles from any town so it really dont effect me all that much yet. Times are changing thats for sure. Anyway, welcome to Wyoming.
In the early 70's I remember bumper stickers that said "Don't Californicate Colorado". Well, apparently it didn't help. I guess with the US population approaching 350 million, people end up moving to less populated areas.

Yup, I remember going to the west slope by a little town called Topanas CO. We would stop at the local gas station and buy a non-resident any sex elk tag for $256. Was lucky to have a big chunk of private ground to hunt and camp on. Elk all over. Always filled our tags. That was in the 80's.

Recent Posts