NEW Remington 700 PCR Enhanced in 6mm creedmoor.

I guess technically the trigger will be the 2nd thing but I guess still the first mod. I'm putting on a insite arms "Heather" muzzle break. Mainly because it's Canadian made and I want to support local when I can Especially during this pandemic.

Honestly you'll be splitting hairs. Comparing awesome, expensive choices sucks because the differences between them are so minute. I am not a big fan of two stage triggers, but an expensive two stage is still super nice.

Personal opinion here, having experience with all the triggers you've mentioned, you'll be happy regardless of your final choice. You've picked two of the nicest triggers available.
Yeah I'm wondering the same. Only because this will be a hunting rifle too. Although it will be from a static position likely LR coyote sniping. Like I said didn't want to be fumbling with safety and unlocking first stage trigger if I need quick engagement. Seems like there might be some of that happening with the Trigger Tech

I'm building a 6 Creed as we speak. Bought another TT primary to go in it. You just can't beat them in my opinion. I have no desire to go below 1.5lbs for my rigs. Great trigger.
I guess I'll have to do some digging around WRT trigger wt. (will see if some of the old guys at my club will share that information lol) for the odd BR competitions that I'll participate in. I suspect it'll be less then 8oz.

Depending what poundage you want. Triggerteck you can get a Range from 32 oz down to 4 oz if wanted. I was just interduces to them about a month ago. I am sold on them. Easy to adjust. Presently limited in actions in what they will go in. Hopefully they will expand field triggers for other action like Mauser 98. Out of the box it's the smoothest trigger I have every used.

I guess I'll have to do some digging around WRT trigger wt. (will see if some of the old guys at my club will share that information lol) for the odd BR competitions that I'll participate in. I suspect it'll be less then 8oz.
Nice thing about Triggertech is you can adjust it on the fly. No disassembly needed. Most of my rigs are hunting rigs so I have no need for lower weight. They make a few other ones though that go down to the 8oz weight your considering. Check out Redhawk Rifles. Always find best prices there. Recently had 20% off. I'm building mine with a Krieger Barrel, Grayboe Phoenix stock and the Mackbros SS EVO Action.

Another vote for the TriggetTech. I started using them a few years ago and most of my 700 based rifles have them or Jewels. I have not had a chance to try the 2-stage yet. If you go with a single stage, get the Diamond. Yes the Primary and Special work great. I have several. But the Diamond is just that much better, especially on a comp or target gun.

Nice thing about Triggertech is you can adjust it on the fly. No disassembly needed. Most of my rigs are hunting rigs so I have no need for lower weight. They make a few other ones though that go down to the 8oz weight your considering. Check out Redhawk Rifles. Always find best prices there. Recently had 20% off. I'm building mine with a Krieger Barrel, Grayboe Phoenix stock and the Mackbros SS EVO Action.
Wow that sounds like an awesome build. Given our countries boarders are closed I'll be shopping in Canada. Currently the TT special is available here and adjustable down to 8oz on both stages. I never really gave a set trigger much thought. I guess I'll ask for some opinions on those too. Thoughts? BTW The Calvin elite (reg and 2 stage) is also available to me. Both within $400 TAXES AND SHIPPING INCL.

Another vote for the TriggetTech. I started using them a few years ago and most of my 700 based rifles have them or Jewels. I have not had a chance to try the 2-stage yet. If you go with a single stage, get the Diamond. Yes the Primary and Special work great. I have several. But the Diamond is just that much better, especially on a comp or target gun.
Yeah I was looking at the diamond level. Unfortunately it's not available for a bolt release mod (factory)

Wow that sounds like an awesome build. Given our countries boarders are closed I'll be shopping in Canada. Currently the TT special is available here and adjustable down to 8oz on both stages. I never really gave a set trigger much thought. I guess I'll ask for some opinions on those too. Thoughts? BTW The Calvin elite (reg and 2 stage) is also available to me. Both within $400 TAXES AND SHIPPING INCL.
Be careful with a set trigger. Once you set it the pull weight is almost none existent. Have a friend with a Drilling with set trigger. Wanted to see how lite it really was. Loaded, aimed, set the trigger, coughed and bang. Finger wasn't on trigger. Probably fine for competition but be careful in hunting situations.

Be careful with a set trigger. Once you set it the pull weight is almost none existent. Have a friend with a Drilling with set trigger. Wanted to see how lite it really was. Loaded, aimed, set the trigger, coughed and bang. Finger wasn't on trigger. Probably fine for competition but be careful in hunting situations.
I do use lighten triggers in all my rifles. Never have used a two stage trigger. You have to get use to lighten triggers to start with. Once there probably you won't want to return heavy trigger pulls. TriggerTeck has a short clean pull without any hard spots. TriggerTeck adjustment is beyond easy in my estimation. I have changed my opinion on go to trigger for sure.

I have a Jewell on one of my bench/competing rigs and like it but it's nothing better than my TriggerTechs and not adjustable. Anyways....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.